Dwarf Seahorses

I wanted something that could go in a small tank (so I wouldn't get in trouble :) ) and somehow came to seahorses! I really wish I could afford to move on to a huge tank with all kinds of fish! And someday I want to breed marine fish!

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Suzanne Lynn;205649 said:
6) Live sand and brine shrimp have been heard to carry hydroids and hydroids are deadly to little dwarves
Decapsulating the brine eggs before hatching should solve the hydroid problem. :D

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Suzanne Lynn;206408 said:
And someday I want to breed marine fish!
You have a good head start. Clowns are as easy or easier than seahorses. I'd like to try seahorses someday and maybe some sexy shrimp too.

Zooid;206464 said:
You have a good head start. Clowns are as easy or easier than seahorses. I'd like to try seahorses someday and maybe some sexy shrimp too.
I know how to sex shrimp if you ever need help. :) and yeah I got a hydroid infestation recently and I had to treat it with pancur (a dog dewormer) I treated my brine culture and main tank to prevent it from happening again anytime soon.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
So do you lift up the shrimp shirt to sex it? Hehehehahe

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
How's evaporation on the tank? I know sea horses are sensitive to salinity changes. I'm really in setting one up now, but might wait till you can breed some :)

KhensuRa;206616 said:
So do you lift up the shrimp shirt to sex it? Hehehehahe
omg how did you know!!!no actually I saw an article with these pictures and found that you can apply it to more than just harliquins. http://

JuanGutz;206617 said:
How's evaporation on the tank? I know sea horses are sensitive to salinity changes. I'm really in setting one up now, but might wait till you can breed some :)
and mine evaporates pretty bad because it doesnt have a lid but its not so bad :) I just add a little more fresh water than normal. there's also in tank hydrometers that you can buy that seem to work well for checking your salinity constantly. foster and smith has one that costs nine dollars that is a hydrometer/thermometer and has a little seahorse on it :)