Edit thread time limit

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Edit thread time limit

It will stop the issues but it hurts the capability to update sale threads. If the board voted and passed it then I will support it as a member. JMO.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Edit thread time limit

I'm with everyone on the problems this will cause with sale threads and build threads. I don't see the reasoning behind the inconvenience to the whole community.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Edit thread time limit

MartinsReef;225023 said:
It will stop the issues but it hurts the capability to update sale threads. If the board voted and passed it then I will support it as a member. JMO.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
+1

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
IMO bad move! You'll make this move and limit everyone rather than dealing with the problem. I use this to fix my bad typing, Bad spelling, and to edit my for sale threads when stuff is sold.

"Hey lets let all the riff raff from craigslist post here.....but not let members who are an active productive part of this club keep their posts clean" Does not make sense. (facepalm)

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Edit thread time limit

^^^^ not going to lie it has helped me with my A D D post that I put up double sentences repeated words and just all out horrible spelling that my iPhone doesn't even know what I'm trying to spell!

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have to agree with the group on this one. We elect the bod to manage things but when something will effect the community as a whole then you need to include the community instead of making choices for us.

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cherub;225360 said:
I have to agree with the group on this one. We elect the bod to manage things but when something will effect the community as a whole then you need to include the community instead of making choices for us.
Agreed

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Edit thread time limit

So where is the BOD response to these clearly voiced concerns?? Y was this not put to a community vote given there was no need for immediate changes?

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Boo!

bruby

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Im from the springs so I spend a lot more time on our forum and don't usually have much to say on here. But is the proposed change to prevent people from changing their sale threads? So that some one can't change their asking price for an item? Over the years on this forum I have seen many people get all worked up because they were not able to purchase a particular item at a given price. I think there is a misconception of the term "OBO". Most think that this term means they can offer less than asking but more than others and be the winner. If I ask $100 OBO for a skimmer and you say I will take it for $100 but someone else offers $120, isn't that by definition OBO? If I list something for a certain price and upon further pricing investigations discover I could get more, shouldn't I have the right to up my price? Hell for that matter I could decide not to sell at all. I mean we are not buying kidneys, it is fish tank stuff. I agree with the rating system. If you had a good experience with some one give them a thumbs up if not thumbs down. After a while everyone will know who to deal with or not.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

I wanted to let everyone know that the BOD has been monitoring, observing reactions and taking into account everyone's comments. We do value the clubs thoughts on issues, as we don't always know how changes will be accepted and viewed. We are in the midst of reopening our discussions on the subject and will hopefully have a conclusion soon.

However as you hopefully know none of the BOD is paid or compensated in anyway shape or form for these positions. That being said we appreciate your responses, input and patience as we make it through our discussions.

As always we appreciate your thoughts, comments, responses and support.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Edit thread time limit

CRW Reef;225392 said:
I wanted to let everyone know that the BOD has been monitoring, observing reactions and taking into account everyone's comments. We do value the clubs thoughts on issues, as we don't always know how changes will be accepted and viewed. We are in the midst of reopening our discussions on the subject and will hopefully have a conclusion soon.

However as you hopefully know none of the BOD is paid or compensated in anyway shape or form for these positions. That being said we appreciate your responses, input and patience as we make it through our discussions.

As always we appreciate your thoughts, comments, responses and support.
Thanks chad!! Much appreciated to see that the board will revisit the issue

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

IMO no, this would not be a regulated by the bylaws, rather this would be a policy and or rules and regulations issue.

Bylaws typically would dictate:
Size of the board and how it will function. Roles and duties of directors and officers. Rules and procedures for holding meetings, electing directors, and appointing officers. Conflict of interest policies and procedures. How funds and monies will be distributed. Lastly essential governance matters pertaining to organizational structure.