false advertising. Donavans reef bowers

Gonefishin

Butterfly Fish
i bought a bower from donavans reef for $200 and it ended up being a candy apple. This is a warning to everyone, be careful when buying from him. I found him on ebay and he claims they came from cornbread since he lived 30 minutes away from cornbread. here are some pictures of what i got. I also have screen shots of our messages, I'm not sure if Im allowed to post text messages so I will wait. I have started a paypal claim but I don't know if it will work in my favor.

ebay ad

what I got

When I called him out on it he claims that since he discounted the bowser $100 off $200 instead of $300 he gave me a B grade bowser. He never stated that he will send me a B grade bowser in the description when I paid.

Just to add my candy apple morph looks more like a bowser then what he sent me

Here is a photo of a real bowser

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow, saw that same add on ebay, sorry you got burned. Any chance ebay/paypal can refund ya?

Ambrosio Aquatics

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
i think bowsers are just cars that have developed extreme color. i have some cars that looked regular at first now look like bowsers.

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
And a perfect reason to forward your thoughts....Grand plan!

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well since I discounted the price of the Lexus, I sent you a Toyota, but you still payed more than just buying the Toyota..... makes perfect sense!

I'm really surprised he didnt just say it must be "shipping stress" or "lighting" or "tank chemistry". Those seem to be what most vendors say, not that they dont have an impact.
There are a lot of scumbags out there. I know you dont' want to hear it but be glad it was only $200. Many of us have been screwed out of a lot more. Thanks for the heads up! Hope it works out in your favor.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Curious to see what paypal does. The outcome will determine if I ever buy coral thru ebay ever...

bruby

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
here is a good pic from coralpedia. Bowser on right has a yellow ring between green and red plus obvious difference in skirt.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
IMO CAO, Bowsers, CAR, and Candy Apple Rainbows are all the same coral under different lighting and tank conditions. I have seen my CAR's all different colors based on if I am dosing vs just water changes. Also, LED's can have a major effect on these.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;308877 said:
IMO CAO, Bowsers, CAR, and Candy Apple Rainbows are all the same coral under different lighting and tank conditions. I have seen my CAR's all different colors based on if I am dosing vs just water changes. Also, LED's can have a major effect on these.
I agree. There are a lot of the same corals (softies, LPS, and SPS) that have different names for the same thing when subjected to different lighting and water prams. More so in the last few years where names have kind of gotten out of control. My opinion obviously.

Sorry to hear about the B.S. you've had to go through with this seller. Unfortunately he prolly banks on the fact that most peolle dont question him or knkw what the heck they're really doing. Was good if you to give the heads up to us here though, I would leave feedback on his seller page too if you haven't already. A lot of vendors will go out of their way to make sure you delete negative feedback haha. I've purchased non Reefing related stuff and it arrived bunk and all messed up and had sellers offer to refund completely and send me a new item just to take edit my review

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Munch;308885 said:
Lots of negative feedback on this guy, people had similar issues on r2r.

This is the guy I told you about last week Munch. I heard this guy was shady with the Bowsers, sorry to hear it hit our community.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I saw someone on facebook had the same exact issue with this guy.