1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

false advertising. Donavans reef bowers

Discussion in 'Individual Buyer/Seller Feedback' started by Gonefishin, May 9, 2014.

1. AllysonP

AllysonP Prawn Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

he photo shops like crazy, sorry you got scammed i tried to warn you always listen to a girl lol

2. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

This is why I stick to our local people. We are really spoiled around here. So many venders I haven't even met.

3. Munch

Munch Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Paypal ever refund anything?

4. Gonefishin

Gonefishin Prawn

Paypal sided with him so I lost out in $250. It's crazy how Paypal works as far as the aquarium trade goes. Even with fish. I bought some rare fish for $600 and when they came in there were not the same fish I ordered. I made a claim and I lost it. So anyone can sell fish or coral and send the wrong thing and win through Paypal.

5. SkyShark

SkyShark Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

That is crazy. I've heard some other ridiculous paypal stories. Bummer

6. AllysonP

AllysonP Prawn Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

I've always won the PayPal.

7. ReefCheif

ReefCheif Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

PayPal favors the vendor, especially when it comes to any type of live orders. I personally see no reason to shop online. If I'm looking for a specific coral or fish I've got plenty trusted resources to use right here in Colorado

8. deboy69

deboy69 Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

Does this seller sell on r2r. I'd leave a vendor feedback if he does so others will know

9. sethsolomon

sethsolomon Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

just 1 more reason to never order coral on Ebay....

10. Munch

Munch Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Can't go wrong with Gonzo's 5 day guarantee! Never had to use it, but nice to deal with a confident vendor!

11. LeviK

LeviK SCMAS Board Members S.C.M.A.S BOD

I bought a rainbow carpet, saw it in person in the tank it came from and now in my tank its not a rainbow, mostly just green. My buddy bought a sunburst and now it looks like a rainbow. Is this the sellers fault or the person who spent $300 for something that everyone knows morphs under all sorts of conditions. I'm not saying he didn't bait and switch you at all, but with things that morph its hard to pin the blame on either party. I have never bought corals online and like going to coral expressions, Reefkoi, aquatic art, etc because I can see it in person. Sorry you got the short straw on this deal and hope that PayPal sides with you since it was obviously not WYSIWYG like advertised. Did you file a claim with eBay or was it straight from his site and just PayPal? I filed plenty of claims for other things as not as advertised and have always won but not on corals.