false advertising. Donavans reef bowers

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
This is why I stick to our local people. We are really spoiled around here. So many venders I haven't even met.

Gonefishin

Butterfly Fish
Paypal sided with him so I lost out in $250. It's crazy how Paypal works as far as the aquarium trade goes. Even with fish. I bought some rare fish for $600 and when they came in there were not the same fish I ordered. I made a claim and I lost it. So anyone can sell fish or coral and send the wrong thing and win through Paypal.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gonefishin;317604 said:
Paypal sided with him so I lost out in $250. It's crazy how Paypal works as far as the aquarium trade goes. Even with fish. I bought some rare fish for $600 and when they came in there were not the same fish I ordered. I made a claim and I lost it. So anyone can sell fish or coral and send the wrong thing and win through Paypal.
That is crazy. I've heard some other ridiculous paypal stories. Bummer

AllysonP

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gonefishin;317604 said:
I've always won the PayPal.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
PayPal favors the vendor, especially when it comes to any type of live orders. I personally see no reason to shop online. If I'm looking for a specific coral or fish I've got plenty trusted resources to use right here in Colorado

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can't go wrong with Gonzo's 5 day guarantee! Never had to use it, but nice to deal with a confident vendor!

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
I bought a rainbow carpet, saw it in person in the tank it came from and now in my tank its not a rainbow, mostly just green. My buddy bought a sunburst and now it looks like a rainbow. Is this the sellers fault or the person who spent $300 for something that everyone knows morphs under all sorts of conditions. I'm not saying he didn't bait and switch you at all, but with things that morph its hard to pin the blame on either party. I have never bought corals online and like going to coral expressions, Reefkoi, aquatic art, etc because I can see it in person. Sorry you got the short straw on this deal and hope that PayPal sides with you since it was obviously not WYSIWYG like advertised. Did you file a claim with eBay or was it straight from his site and just PayPal? I filed plenty of claims for other things as not as advertised and have always won but not on corals.