Forum Tips, Tricks, and New Features

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
With the launch of our new forum interface, we are also able to introduce some new features. Certain features and procedures we will continue to have stickies for, as they really need their own dedicated forum so members don't have to spend too much time searching for information, but this thread is really going to be dedicated more to the little things, and new feature introductions.

Here are a couple quickies to get everyone started:

LIKE!! Yep, now we have a like button! We've had this available too us on Tapatalk for a while, but now we have it online as well, so show the love. Appreciate someones post, but don't really feel the need to add to it? The like button is at the lower right corner of a post.

Change the Look. You now have multiple skins available to change the look of our page. At the bottom of most every page is a drop down list (probably currently says "Default vB5 Style"). Click on the dropdown list, and change your look of your page.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
I can't find the other thread so guess it will go here, I can't delete PMs, my PM box has been reduced substantially, and thus I cannot send PMs.

AllysonP

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have an issue, and maybe im missing something. But when I go to post a pic code from photobucket, this window pops up and i then have to paste the code in that window. having to post the code twice could be tie consuming for live sales. is there a way to bypass thtat?

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
AllysonP;n634422 said:
I have an issue, and maybe im missing something. But when I go to post a pic code from photobucket, this window pops up and i then have to paste the code in that window. having to post the code twice could be tie consuming for live sales. is there a way to bypass thtat?
You can still use the same BB codes of [ img ] and [ /img ] with the URL to your photo between them. (remove the spaces though, had to add those or it wont show up)

Last edited by a moderator:

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
scchase;n634410 said:
I can't find the other thread so guess it will go here, I can't delete PMs, my PM box has been reduced substantially, and thus I cannot send PMs.

What happens when you try and delete a PM? I was just able to delete it and I don't see any usergroup settings that prevents deletion of PMs.

Also the limit shouldnt of changed. I see you should have a limit of 200. how many PMs do you have right now?

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Lets just say a lot more than 200, long story. When I try to delete I get the confirmation, then a message saying they will be moved to trash, page reloads and everything is still there. Tried several different browsers as well

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
19TheSaint75;n634439 said:
I am unable to reply to any of the posts in the vendor forums.

Looking into it but not immediatly seeing any reason why you shouldnt be able to. We will keep looking though

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
New Topic button at top left corner of the forum you want to post in

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
So it looks like all/many of the welcome messages the board sends out are being credited to my account which may be what is locking everything up

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Hmm.. you may be doomed. hehe jk.. that helps though, we will look into it

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
scchase;n634486 said:
So it looks like all/many of the welcome messages the board sends out are being credited to my account which may be what is locking everything up

Those are probably left over from when you were pres. Unless someone changed it today the welcome PM's come from CRW. I don't have an option to increase an individual's PM limit. But I can delete all your sent PM's... let me know if you want me to do that.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
19TheSaint75;n634550 said:
Sorry, it still shows the same message.

Oh, and Dean Spanos can suck a

weird. Can you link me the thread you are trying to post to? 99% sure i know what it is and just looked at your individual permissions and it shows you can post topics and can reply to topics in the Elite Reef channel.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
scchase;n634552 said:
Can you delete everything but the last 30 or so

No :(

I could up the limit though for the rest of the night and that should let you delete them. Not sure why this all of a sudden became an issue though, should of happened a long time ago.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
I can tell you why in PM just up the limit and I will tell you how