Golf Tournament

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Let's see who would be interested in a Masc golf tournament!!!

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wait...Golf is the sport with carts and beer right?

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Boogie;156345 said:
Wait...Golf is the sport with carts and beer right?
Yep that's why the invented the 18 pack one for each hole!!!

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hopefully we can get enough people and hole sponsors if not maybe we can do a joint effort with scmas.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've never put a tournament together but I have played in a lot so all ideas are welcome and if someone has put one together they are more than welcome to take the lead.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
There's a lot of things I would think we need to vote on also like do we do a build your own 4some or random drawing for teams what kind of format scramble,best ball ect... I think it should be open to friends and family as well just to get more people involved just some ideas.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
If this is a friend/family thing then I might be down. I don't play golf so I'd be terrible! Obviously depends on when, where, $$, etc.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;156358 said:
If this is a friend/family thing then I might be down. I don't play golf so I'd be terrible! Obviously depends on when, where, $$, etc.
When you play best ball format it really doesn't matter how you play just bash the ball lol and yell FORE!

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea best ball is the best game play for highly diverse players who are not worried about who wins losses, i think the price is going to be the tough pill to swallow unless you get some pretty generous sponsers. I put as tournament together for the compnay i use to work for and it was not cheap... granted there were 200 players but i want to say price was 60 each... however that was a NICE course and was for an entire day for the entire course. I would guess if you can find a moderately priced course in an area in between everyone you could probably get away with 30.00 each... then get your sponseres to cover some (if your really lucky ALL) you would at least get half if you involve enough sponsers.. sSOOOOO all said and done you might be able to get a course for 10-15 each which is really resonable. Let me know if you want help setting it up i would be willing to help, however my company is very bussy in spring so i would rather not do it all myself :)

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Im down for some disc golf...

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think the most I've paid in a tournament is around $75 but that was at Red Hawk so it was about the same as green fees one thing we will have to figure is a general location. I play in the South area I like to play open courses not a big fan of city courses but I'm open to what ever I really like Spring Valley but that might be to far South for people's liking so if you want to play put a course of your choice and we will just do a majority rules type thing unless someone can get ridicules rates somewhere so shout out requests.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
blue71;156436 said:
Red Hawk is like $40 for Douglas residents, and a little more for out of towners, not too bad.
It's $64 on the weekends in May and that's resident rates $74 for non resident