1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Grow out contest 2016-1

Discussion in 'Member Run Contests' started by Sctip, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Sctip

Sctip Sardine Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

I have an issue declaring myself the winner. If you guys could help me out so it does not feel so weird. I did enjoy it, now it is time to get the other two off the ground.

2. rjl45

rjl45 Copepod

We shoukd give the others one more day, but I think you have this one Scott

3. rjl45

rjl45 Copepod

What was your secret to go from 3 heads to 8, in the last month?

Have you been feeding them? Light cycle? Just lucky?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

4. Sctip

Sctip Sardine Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Yes I started feeding them every other day. I used a mix of reef chili and reef roids. They are in a 65, I have them about 12 inches below the water line under a hydra 52 2 E5 Blue pop and 2 T5 Blue+ and Coral+.Lights are on from 9AM to 9:30PM of course my Hydra ramps up and down. I love the color and the growth on everything has been amazing. My frag tank has 2 250W MH and a rapid LED i only have the blues on and it did not like it under them it was to much light for them.

I had 6 heads last month though.

5. projectx

projectx Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

you grew the most heads, nothing to feel weird about. Unless one of the others has more. Lets give it a few days and see what they come up with.

6. neil82

neil82 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

I'll run the risk of getting caught with egg on my face and declare Scott as the winner!

7. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

I still have my original I say Scott won hands down! My sps are doing pretty dang good so be careful on the next one though haha. I can't get a pic up later but yeah I just have the original.

8. CRW Reef

CRW Reef Orca Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Nice work Scott!

9. rjl45

rjl45 Copepod

Yup, Scott wins. Congratulations!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk