Heaters

Boogie;96513 said:
tick...tick...tick...tick....

I kid I kid! =)
You joke but I'm obsessive about this stuff... so it's not nice of you to make fun. LOL ;)

I ♥ my tank. It's not the most beautiful, the cleanest, the most scratch-free but I love it-- turbo snails and all.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
ryan820;96515 said:
You joke but I'm obsessive about this stuff... so it's not nice of you to make fun. LOL ;)

I ♥ my tank. It's not the most beautiful, the cleanest, the most scratch-free but I love it-- turbo snails and all.
=( fine...Boogie sowy, Boogie behave bester from now on. =(

Boogie;96514 said:
The combination of humidity, room temperature, room size, type and amount of circulation pumps, lighting types. All those things add heat. I think fewer people run heaters than run cooling fans of some form.

Edit: don't mean to answer for Demon, only have 5 minutes left at work and I'm bored. =)
I need a fan.... how big of a fan would you suggest? A little clip on or something more substantial? I imagine a small one would work... after all I don't want to have to report white caps on my aquarium to the local weather station!

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
My current favorite heater are the Rena Smartheaters. These things are troopers and seem sturdy and well made. I used to believe in the Marineland Stealths, but this was 3 years ago before all the problems. Id have to say if you are looking to buy new, try a Rena!

Cheers~!
Jon

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I use a clip on one over the sump on the 75g and then have one of those duel window ones on the top (temporary but functional). For the 125g I have a 10" round one mounted to the wall and another one over the sump.

[attachment=59847:name]
[attachment=59848:name]

Boogie;96547 said:
I use a clip on one over the sump on the 75g and then have one of those duel window ones on the top (temporary but functional). For the 125g I have a 10" round one mounted to the wall and another one over the sump.

View attachment 2365
View attachment 2366
I notice you had a smaller lamp attached the front of your large lamp in the first pic... what is that? I have a four bulb lamp but I also have a second lamp that has my actinics in it that I use as well and I'm trying to figure out a way to attach it to the main lamp and not have it look silly. How did you do it?

phillipj2

Butterfly Fish
I say redundancy is the key. Put enough heaters on your controller and buy a controllable heater and turn it down just enough so it won't go on. Just in case your controller fails. I have a contollable 500w heater.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
mdrumm;96565 said:
I was tired of heaters going out (3 EBO JAGERS last year alone)
so I dropped some coin for this guy:

Yeah but what do you do when NASA needs to have it back for a space mission??

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a 48" reefbrite atinic strip attached to my 60" t5 fixture.

lorilynne

Turbo Snail
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey Ryan -
I have brand new Aqueon Pro 100, and Pro 200...Need one?
I've had my fair share of heater malfunctions - my tip is to call their customer service. (I've received free replacements each time I've had a failure) It is nice to have spares around.
If you want one of the heaters - let me know! I'm not too far away, neighbor! :->
Lori

p.s. I think my RBTA split is complete! (Now if it/they would come out where I can see them!)

lorilynne;96608 said:
Hey Ryan -
I have brand new Aqueon Pro 100, and Pro 200...Need one?
I've had my fair share of heater malfunctions - my tip is to call their customer service. (I've received free replacements each time I've had a failure) It is nice to have spares around.
If you want one of the heaters - let me know! I'm not too far away, neighbor! :->
Lori

p.s. I think my RBTA split is complete! (Now if it/they would come out where I can see them!)
Lori-- thanks for the offer-- you're so nice! I don't think I'll need one right now-- it's warm and not expected to get too cool and the house will likely stay warm anyway so I think I'm good for now. I'll call aqueon and see if they will help me out. The heater is only a few months old so I think they may be willing to help.

That's incredible that your nem split! If I remember correctly, didn't you say it does this the same time every year? wonder how it knows? Hmm... ;)

Boogie;96547 said:

View attachment 2365
View attachment 2366
Boogie-- I went and got a fan from Target today and attached it, conveniently, to the wall that is next to the aquarium-- the air flow shoot right down atop the tank and under the light-- I also got a new temp probe and have been watching the tank slowly decrease in temp.

Crisis averted.... for now.

I have plans to get a reefkeeper so this heater thing won't be an issue again-- however, that will require some funds. My marine funds always seem to run out way too fast!!!

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
ryan820;96634 said:
Boogie-- I went and got a fan from Target today and attached it, conveniently, to the wall that is next to the aquarium-- the air flow shoot right down atop the tank and under the light-- I also got a new temp probe and have been watching the tank slowly decrease in temp.

Crisis averted.... for now.

I have plans to get a reefkeeper so this heater thing won't be an issue again-- however, that will require some funds. My marine funds always seem to run out way too fast!!!
Good. Glad its working out. I definately understand the fund issue and...I might just have a RKL for sale here soon as I have two of them and am working on combining it all into one system...sssshhh...its a big might so far.

Boogie;96638 said:
Good. Glad its working out. I definately understand the fund issue and...I might just have a RKL for sale here soon as I have two of them and am working on combining it all into one system...sssshhh...its a big might so far.
Excellent-- well let me know should one come available!