Hello Friends!

My name is Jack. I'm 31 and a sheetrocker by trade. My username is inspired by my 3 year old son's middle name(it is actually Batman). After becoming unemployed in California, I was skeptical if getting back in to this hobby would ever be possible again. My family and I relocated to the Springs in 2010 chasing a buck and a dream, but after landing stable employment; IT'S TIME! Since my wife gave me the A-OK to pull my gear out of the garage, I've been lurking on this forum (been a member of TheSCMAS.org for some time) trying to reboot my brain in to reefmode. My setup will be simple: 35g semi-cube, 10g sump, 3watt x 3 led light fixture(15 bulbs total); everything but the tank from scratch. I'll get a build thread going once I receive all of my components in the mail. I cannot wait.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome aboard....I lived in California for 23 years and moved here 12 years ago......I don't miss California at all hehe.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockys_pride;171610 said:
Hello and welcome! Where in California were you from?

Sent using Forum Runner
We're from San Diego originally, but have lived all over the state.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm stoked this forum is so active!

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
BATMAN;171650 said:
Nice! My dad lives in Clearlake; I'm sure you're familiar with the area.
Yes I am, not as clear of a lake as I would like. Swim at Blue Lakes frequently.

Batman huh.... well I hate to break it to but and imma let you finish but spiderman is the best super hero of time (in Kanye West voice lol)

Well him/Wolverine/Iron Man/And Goku lol

Welcome the site!!

Mike

^^This guy has no idea what he's talking about. Batman is definitely the greatest of them all.

Anyway, welcome! It's funny you've moved here from San Diego. I've been telling my wife that if we move from Colorado to anywhere else in the continental U.S. it's going to be San Diego. I love that place! There are some excellent comic shops and the best brewery on the planet in Escondido!

Punjab;172110 said:
^^This guy has no idea what he's talking about. Batman is definitely the greatest of them all.

Anyway, welcome! It's funny you've moved here from San Diego. I've been telling my wife that if we move from Colorado to anywhere else in the continental U.S. it's going to be San Diego. I love that place! There are some excellent comic shops and the best brewery on the planet in Escondido!
Escondido is actually where we are from! When I say that city people are usually like, "huh?" You wouldn't be talking about Stone now would you? They opened up a restaurant/brewery a few months before we left... Three food wasn't spectacular, but you can't go wrong with any stone brew; especially from the source!

RuRoo;172101 said:
Yes I am, not as clear of a lake as I would like. Swim at Blue Lakes frequently.
the blue lakes are awesome. I've tried telling native Coloradans that California still has some truly natural and beautiful scenery... They usually reply, if you like it so much, why don't you go back! Hahaha.. Im kidding.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
California is definitely beautiful in some spots. It's one of the only States that you can go snow skiing and go swimming at the beach in the same day.
I just got tired of the politics there......I'd be willing to bet they will soon start taxing the people for the amount of oxygen they breathe.