Help! Hot Tub Repairman!

I need a hot tub repair man, fast. We got one, and it has a slow leak. If anyone has a good person, or can do it for me, that would be awesome. I can pay cash, but I'd prefer to trade a nice toro snowblower or toro lawnmower for it.

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cant be that hard to fix. I fixed mine a few times. Where are you located? And where do u think the leak is coming from?

Castle Rock, I think it may be a pump gasket, I can see water dripping off of it. I don't know, In five hours, the water level hasn't changed, but there is definitely a leak, as I can see it on my garage floor.

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lol...hot tub in the garage. I like your style. I would look for some gasket sealent from ur local auto store and try that.

Need a snowblower? If you come fix it it's yours. I was told that the circulator pump trips the GFCI, however I was told the pump is new, so I don't think it would be that. Maybe the heater? Can't test it at the moment as I don't have a 20 amp plug in the garage. I take that back, I do, but Home Depots extension cords are faulty, and the sideways plug is on the wrong side.

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hmm...so something is tripping the gfi as well. The problem seems to be getting bigger. What size breaker is the gfi on...or is it built into the wiring for the tub. Mine had it on the 120v plug in.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
So you need help fixing the leak or the electrical problem?

Both... It was free... The GFCI is built into the cord. The leak is my first priority. In order for me to find out exactly what the problem is, I need to plug it in, and disconnect things until it stops tripping.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
oh and you think the pump is leaking, I am sure I could fix the leak.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
When are you thinking?

Can you do tomorrow? The snowblower is a Toro, it's about 8 or 9 years old, and just got a new blade and scraper put on it before last winter. (Never snowed... such a waste) It's worth about $200 I would guess, it's got electric start, it's very nice, we just got a bigger one. If it's something simple, then I'm sure I have some frags I could throw your way.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea I could proabbly come by tommorow, it will be ok till then?

Yeah. Very slow leak. Hans't lost any visible amount of water from the tub. But it's on my floor...

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
pm sent

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
GFI cords go bad...my hot tub was only 3 yrs old and i replaced it twice. So it might not have any problems...might just be a bad GFI. So i would start there. GFI's are pretty cheap. Or if you can see any water near the electrics...since it is leaking and all. Especially hot water...it will cause condisation if it has a way out.

The tub has hose water in it right now. I'm just going off what the previous owner said, not necessarily what is true, for all I know, he could have had a problem with his breaker.

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
What? Hose water...what else would you fill it with. Are you planning on filling the hot tub with ro water and making it a coral flat or have i been drinking to much.