Helpful tips

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Use Velcro to hold power strips, controllers, etc to the wall under your stand.

Nothing like mounting all that equipment with screws for a clean look...then realizing how difficult it is to reposition things when your sump and related equipment are all in the way.

I also use Velcro on those adhesive cable routers that hold the wiring for my mp10s. Allows me to just pull them off during maintenance rather than having to cut the zip-tie and grab another one every time.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
This one isn't mine. An awesome friend in the club showed me this. Get a Dobie pad, take a pair of scissors and cut off the end of the netting. Take the netting and rinse it well, I don't think there are chemicals on it but I am just careful. Put the net on your magnetic glass cleaner and rubber band it on. There you have the best glass cleaner around!

Here is a link I just googled. Use it! Super cheap way for clear glass.

http://dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=108998

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Store all your stainless steel fragging tools in a jar of ro water with a cap of rubbing alcohol. helps keep them from rusting. To clean rust off tools, soak in a glass of coke.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
mathewkofalk;271976 said:
Honestley I'm seeing so many awesome ideas I never have seen before.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
That as the point if this thread. To just make everything a little easier.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Always keep a piece of sponge floating in your sump. You can always use it to instantly seed a hospital or quarantine tank.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
jahmic;272005 said:
Always keep a piece of sponge floating in your sump. You can always use it to instantly seed a hospital or quarantine tank.
I actually run 2 sponge filters in the return area of my sump specifically for this reason. Great minds htink alike!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I think this thread deserves a sticky!!!!!

SLewis

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Never do a top off with salt water as it will change the salinity (a newby thing to do but i know an experienced reefer who did it withouth thinking about it till is tank started looking sick.)