I would like to attend meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would like to attend the meeting for the bod including the two who were voted off. Can info please be provided for when and where it will be located.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Everyone, I would like to have a chance to sit down with the rest of the BOD first.

After that meeting, I fully intend to address the club during the next meeting, and if not on the forums at least. Although that depends on the outcome of the meeting with the BOD.

Regardless of what happens during that meeting. The club members and the BOD need to have a discussion about this and the future of the club. Period.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Here is how I would see it, my friends, associates, acquaintances, what ever our status is now. I believe this one will be a closed meeting as to allow the board + Aaron and Derek) to conduct or re-hold the last meeting. However I am sure you all will be informed one way or another the outcome. Which honestly I pray does not result in the embarrassing show that was displayed for the entire worlds reefing community to see. Certainly does not show well as an organization who normally takes pride in our friendliness, outreach to new members and overall wonderful society/club to be a part of.

I would please ask that if anyone has any questions regarding this initial meeting that you pm a member of the board for further information.

V.2.c. . The Board will determine which meetings will be open to society members. Society members shall be notified in advance of the time, date and location of any open board meetings.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
You were aaron, but lets sit down and talk with them about what happened and move forward in the best interest of the club.

I also have spoke to the BOD about the importance of holding a meeting with all of our membership to address the issues that came forward today.

bush8984

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Is there a way to make the last thread somewhat private so that at least only "registered users" or members have access to see it and not the rest of the guest of the world. Lets at least keep our dirty laundry in house per say. just curious

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I sent a PM to thatoneguy whom I have never met explaining how I feel. I still feel as though anyone who would like to attend should be able to for the sheer fact of transparency. I have chewed enough dirt in my life to know that tempers get out of hand and just about anything can be resolved. With that being said I think closed meetings are a reason things get out of hand because it is a he said they said thing. I am not for or against anyone. I just would like to participate in my club.
Andrew

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Andrew_bram;196004 said:
I sent a PM to thatoneguy whom I have never met explaining how I feel. I still feel as though anyone who would like to attend should be able to for the sheer fact of transparency. I have chewed enough dirt in my life to know that tempers get out of hand and just about anything can be resolved. With that being said I think closed meetings are a reason things get out of hand because it is a he said they said thing. I am not for or against anyone. I just would like to participate in my club.
Andrew
I agree and I don't think there should be any bod votes until things are resolved and addressed.

SteveT

Butterfly Fish
It is becoming obvious to me that the closed doors operations of the BOD was a major factor of why this has blown up. There needs to be more transparency. The members deserve to know what is happening with the club, and be given the opportunity to participate. This is a club based around a hobby...I see absolutely no need for any of the operations to be hidden from the members view. I have not seen any posts about what was talked about at a bod meeting since I joined the club over a year ago.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
I talked to Andrew quite a bit last night. Which got me starting to think about why I requested this first meeting to be in private. Aside from the fact that I would feel more comfortable addressing them in private, I could see no other reasons. I slept on the issue and thought some more about it this morning.

I have not reached out to the rest of the BOD yet, but I would like to have this meeting open to the members. That way we can address what happened to both Aaron and Myself, as well as address the other issues that were brought out during this.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
No to start battle, but what is the purpose of having a BOD meeting if it is open to public? Also what company, organization and or other club holds meetings called "Board" meetings yet opens it to the public.

I sure hope this is not another accusation and or attempt to suggest corruption with in the board. If that is the case anyone accusing, assuming or implying corruption, needs to step forward with evidence as this is a extremely strong statement!

Again if there are things you know to be corrupt and or have questions or knowledge about something that is an insult to the club, a financial gain to a board member and or an action that was not done in the best interest of the club; I request you step forward and announce yourself and your facts when making statements.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Almost every Board holds meetings for all of the stakeholders and shareholders. Not saying that every meeting is held in the open, but many of them are.

Especially after the issues that have been brought up, you would think a lot of people would be open about having the meeting as transparent as possible.

Chad, I have already stated 4 facts in where the BOD did not act in the best interest of the club, nor by the rules that govern our club. I really don't want to get into that here, as this is about the meeting. There are other threads to discuss those items.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;196050 said:
No to start battle, but what is the purpose of having a BOD meeting if it is open to public? Also what company, organization and or other club holds meetings called "Board" meetings yet opens it to the public.

I sure hope this is not another accusation and or attempt to suggest corruption with in the board. If that is the case anyone accusing, assuming or implying corruption, needs to step forward with evidence as this is a extremely strong statement!

Again if there are things you know to be corrupt and or have questions or knowledge about something that is an insult to the club, a financial gain to a board member and or an action that was not done in the best interest of the club; I request you step forward and announce yourself and your facts when making statements.
What group or organization elects leaders and requires them to hold their meetings in public....?????
Are you joking?
How about the US govt?

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
My thought: Derek and Aaron were voted out of the board illegally by not following the laws of the club, was it done to keep then quiet (that's to be determined) but something needs to be addressed and I think the whole club needs to be involved.

SteveT

Butterfly Fish
I don't think anyone is asking for every bod meeting to be open. I also don't see anyone in this thread accusing anyone of anything. I would just like to be informed about what the BOD is doing and what is happening with the club I pay to be a part of. I feel like this is not to much to ask. If the members were aware of the issues concerning bod participation this whole time it would have not felt like a bomb was dropped on us, and you would probably have more members on the side of the BOD. As it stands the BOD risks alienating a large portion of the members simply because of a lack of communication about how the club is operating.

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
SteveT;196045 said:
It is becoming obvious to me that the closed doors operations of the BOD was a major factor of why this has blown up. There needs to be more transparency. The members deserve to know what is happening with the club, and be given the opportunity to participate. This is a club based around a hobby...I see absolutely no need for any of the operations to be hidden from the members view.
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.