SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
AllysonP;319240 said:
I love this hobby. His dad was upset with how much he has spent lately and that is the main reason he had to back out. I just received a phone call that touches my heart. Greeleyram someone just bought you your Corals. We don't want you to be discouraged, or pushed away from our community. He wishes to stay anonymous. we will make arrangements to meet up and get you your Corals.
haha thats awesome. I was actually just going to pm you and buy the corals he picked, but someone beat me to it. Gotta love this community :)

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow, that was very generous of someone!
Going forward maybe add a sentence to your sale intro asking anyone under XX age (16? 18?) to contact you before bidding in the sale.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
Wow to whomever did this, you have a big heart and love this hobby. Thank you from the kid in all of us that loves this hobby.

greeleyram3

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
To all this is greeleyram3's father
There seems to be a lot of chatter over what happened with the online auction. First and foremost I definitely agree if you commit you do not back out . I know greeleyram3 for some reason thought the meeting point was Centerra it was not. There was an issue taking greeleyram3@yahoo.com to the pick up location. He really should have checked with me first but understandably he did not because he knows I support him and did have time that day. As life happens things Change and had to visit his grandma in the hospital (sadly she passed away last night at 12:21 last night from cancer) and I was not able to guarantee him a ride so he did try to make arrangements with the seller. In the end after a few.conversations with the seller they were going to meet up sometime during the week or in reality. The week after. Does not really matter. I received a call from greeleyram3 asking me for my credit card. So he could pay for the corals. Greeleyram3 would put the money directly in the bank and he would use my credit card to pay online. I that point I thought well if the seller was going to meet with him why not wait. I honestly felt he was being bullied. In hind sight I do not blame the seller he made a commitment so they have the right to ask for there money. I as said I felt it a little bit extreme but that is my sole opinion and how I truly felt. However I i said she has the right to get her money. Greeleyram3 committed and he needs to pay. So I told him he could not buy the corals because of how I felt he was being pressured when he said he was going to pay as soon as I could give him a ride. I received a call from the seller and I thought we had an understanding and she would not make a big deal out of this but it seems maybe it is. After reading the threads I seem to see some underlying hints of anger or frustration from the seller. This is really upsetting to greeleyram3 and he has been worried since this whole thing started. His only concern was his reputation in the coral community. Funny that he is so worried but he loves the hobby and soaks it up like a sponge.

I would say to the person who purchased the corals thank you - that was a great gesture. Great community of people in the hobby.

To the seller I apologize I should of just allowed greeleyram3 to pay you. As I stated you have the right to get your money. I personally felt you were being a little extreme, so that is why I told greeleyram3 he could not buy from you. We're u being extreme do not know for sure. I am also still a little upset about you even mentioning it in the post. I thought we had an understanding. Bottom line is as his father I should have set the example to keep his commitments.

To end this he made a commitment and was going to keep it. I messed up. The seller has very right to collect their money.
Greeleyram3 has given me the money please let me know how to pay you online. You can keep this money or pay it back to anonymous. I will call you to personally resolve the issue.

AllysonP

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
i am really hurt that anyone would feel that i was being a bully or pressuring anyone. that was not the case. i merely posted his name so others knew his corals were available. i am sorry you felt anything other then good intentions from me. i am extremely sorry for your family and hope after speaking with you there is no hard feelings, and we can put this confusion and misunderstanding behind us.

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry for your loss. Hopefully this can be water under the bridge and a learning experience. We hope your son doesn't feel bullied here. This is a great community where much can be learned and perhaps (most likely) we can learn something from him. Now we all know communication is crucial and the vast majority of the time issues will be resolved! .
Again sorry for your loss hopefully his aquarium is bringing him peace and joy in this tough time

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Balz3352;319324 said:
Sorry for your loss. Hopefully this can be water under the bridge and a learning experience. We hope your son doesn't feel bullied here. This is a great community where much can be learned and perhaps (most likely) we can learn something from him. Now we all know communication is crucial and the vast majority of the time issues will be resolved! . Again sorry for your loss hopefully his aquarium is bringing him peace and joy in this tough time
+100