LED Group buy!

QLe

Turbo Snail
Derek, I'll need to replace my 30w driver. If Felix can replace it for free, that would be great. If we are doing another order, I'll need another 20 cool white (20,000k - 25,000k).

QLe

Turbo Snail
I notice with this new LED. My Rose Bubble Tip Anemone are getting their bulbs back and the Neon Pink Bubble Tip anemone bulbs size has double. My frogspawn are about 10% or 20% smaller than when they were under metal halide. I wonder why...Anyone have any similar experience?

Crit21

Butterfly Fish
Derek and I are replacing them, not Felix. You need to get your driver back to Derek though.

Are you going to need a 60W driver, lenses and potentiometer for those whites?

Crit21

Butterfly Fish
QLe;84155 said:
I notice with this new LED. My Rose Bubble Tip Anemone are getting their bulbs back and the Neon Pink Bubble Tip anemone bulbs size has double. My frogspawn are about 10% or 20% smaller than when they were under metal halide. I wonder why...Anyone have any similar experience?
Yep. You're providing a completely different blend and intensity of light with the LEDs. It took 2 months before I noticed the real permanent differences. So far, all are really good.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
hooked;84089 said:
Derek,
I could use 2 of the 30w drivers that were ordered wrong. I will be at the meeting April 16 at Highlands Ranch High School.
If that works, let me know.
Crit21 and I will be trying to resell the 30w drivers to recoup some of the loss for buying the 36w for everyone. So they are for sale, will talk with Crit21, but I am sure it will be whatever the base price of the item was. I am at work right now, so not sure what we paid for them to start with. I will bring 2 to the meeting though.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
QLe;84155 said:
Might want to move them down in the tank, may be blasting them with a lot more light and they are getting ready to bleach.

Crit21

Butterfly Fish
That's very possible. I've always advised dimming to the lowest "on" setting, then creeping them up over a couple weeks or more to acclimate them.

Agree with Derek that the base price is reasonable.

Please put me down for three new FLL-DD36Ws. Also I'd like to purchase a single cool white LED from someone if possible.

I will purchase the FLL-DD36Ws. Send me a PM with the total price and I will paypal the funds over. You guys didn't make any money from this group buy, so I don't expect you to have to correct this error. If you find someone willing to buy the three incorrect drivers from me, I'd be happy to sell them, but I don't want the money coming from your pocket.

Incidentally, the total price (cost plus allocated shipping) of the FLL-DD30Ws was $16.90 each.

Crit21

Butterfly Fish
Apparently, Felix has identified several drivers as FLL-DD30W. My 30W driver for 3W LEDs is also a FLL-DD30W. Go figure.

I PMed Felix tonight. He's continuing the discounted rate he gave us earlier for the next order. This will be the last GB for a while...or at least until people decide they missed the boat.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Crit21;84173 said:
...or at least until people decide they missed the boat.
sounds like some drivers and "super blues" missed the boat also ....lol

Crit21

Butterfly Fish
Thanks Zen. That's much appreciated. It's your call on the drivers if you want to keep and resell them yourself. We discussed it and just felt that as the GB organizers/instigators that it was the right thing to do.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Crit21;84180 said:
Let's not stir the pot, ok?
sorry you walked right into that one as they say ...unfortunate situation
Crit21;84179 said:
Thanks Zen. That's much appreciated. It's your call on the drivers if you want to keep and resell them yourself. We discussed it and just felt that as the GB organizers/instigators that it was the right thing to do.
awful nice of you guys ..i know i wouldn't be taking responsibility for this if i were you