LED Group buy!

that0neguy1126;84065 said:
Ok so after trying every option we have, it doesn't look like we are going to be able to replace the 30W with the 36W drivers. Felix sent us exactly what we ordered. Crit21 and I will make things right and order the right ones at no charge to the people who don't want the 30W drivers we already received. The correct drivers are the 36W (FLL-DD36W).
That's a rip - Felix is doing a poor job labeling his product on his site and / or not giving these large orders the attention to detail that he should have. Thanks guys for trying to fix a bad situation.

I'll need 1 36W driver to replace the poor one, but I'll be paying for this myself. I agree, you guys aren't making money and it was a mistake (that Felix has culpability with). I too made a mistake and somehow thought I was buying lots of 20 instead of lots of 10, thus I only have half the LEDs that I intended to order (I figured this out when my total for the first order was too small). I therefore always intended to place a second order to buy the LEDs that I missed the first time around - I figured I'd be the one organizing the next group buy. I'll also chip in $15, which is about half of the shipping that I would have had to have paid had I placed a separate LED order. (I'll keep the 30W driver and play with it) Here's my follow up order - let me know what my total is -

1 36W driver
1 pot
2 cool white (20-25k)
1 white
3 blue
2 super blue
+$15 shipping

Last edited by a moderator:

QLe

Turbo Snail
Crit21;84028 said:
I'll trade my cool whites for an equal number of blues. I should have 10.
Crit, you mind trading 10 of my Blue/Royal blue for your cool whites?

Derek, are you going to the college this Friday or any evening the rest of this week? I can meet with you to trade for Crit light.

Thanks,

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea I will ne up there this Friday. Can give you a call before I head up again.
QLe;84262 said:

Derek, are you going to the college this Friday or any evening the rest of this week? I can meet with you to trade for Crit light.

Thanks,

Sent from my HTC Incredible

Are any of you guys making your own actinic strips, like reefbrites? I need to replace my VHO bulbs soon but looking around the web, a LED strip might be good to replace them. I've been looking around online and I would need around 30 blues for a 6 foot tank. How many drivers would you need? Would one strip be enough or would my halides drown them out?

QLe

Turbo Snail
WrasseAttack;84289 said:
Are any of you guys making your own actinic strips, like reefbrites? I need to replace my VHO bulbs soon but looking around the web, a LED strip might be good to replace them. I've been looking around online and I would need around 30 blues for a 6 foot tank. How many drivers would you need? Would one strip be enough or would my halides drown them out?
By actinic, do you mean the light frequency at 430nm? If so, the price on LED for that is very expensive for some reason. I look at some smaller LED in a T8 bulbs style, but the cost was around 75 plush shipping. You can look on www.alibaba.com for that info.

QLe;84295 said:
By actinic, do you mean the light frequency at 430nm? If so, the price on LED for that is very expensive for some reason. I look at some smaller LED in a T8 bulbs style, but the cost was around 75 plush shipping. You can look on www.alibaba.com for that info.
Yeah I was I just going to stick with the Royal Blues or Blues.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
They do sell a Rigid light strip that has 60 1w LED's on it. I ordered it for Nadking, but not sure if he wants it. It needs a DC 12V 2A, 24W power supply to power it(which is a fairly common wall wart).

Crit21

Butterfly Fish
WrasseAttack;84289 said:
2 drivers if you use 3W LEDs (60W and 36W), or one of the 30W drivers we have on hand if you use 1W LEDs.

Crit21

Butterfly Fish
QLe;84295 said:
You don't need to get violet LEDs to get actinic effects (i.e., light that produces chemical effects). The blues and royal blues do that for a fraction of the price. As Bob Fenner said, "actinic is largely non-functional... i.e., it's principally for looks."

Crit21

Butterfly Fish
QLe;84262 said:

Thanks,
I said yes to someone. Wasn't it you?

You may want to take advantage of the re-order and get a bunch of extras dirt cheap.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I can find tons of information on how to build DIY LED's however what I cant seem to find is how many. So from some of you pros, what type of reccomendation would you make. I have a 110T tank it is 25 or so inches wide. How many LED's what type of spacing etc....

i was thinking 90 LED's. 30 each of the following 3w Blues, 20-25k and 5-7k, all with 60 degree optics, any need for all three. what is your opnions?

that0neguy1126;84360 said:
They do sell a Rigid light strip that has 60 1w LED's on it. I ordered it for Nadking, but not sure if he wants it. It needs a DC 12V 2A, 24W power supply to power it(which is a fairly common wall wart).
I use a blue led rope light for my moonlights that wraps around my hood. They get washed out completely by the halides so I think I have to go for the more potent 3 watters.

QLe

Turbo Snail
Well, with my bad experience, I would say for this LED, go with a 1:1 ratio. I don't think you need 7k LED but it could work.

QLe

Turbo Snail
Crit21;84367 said:
I said yes to someone. Wasn't it you?

You may want to take advantage of the re-order and get a bunch of extras dirt cheap.
Ye it was me. I just want to finish my light this weekend. I've taken up the living room and dining room for months now and need to return it to it "Once upon a time".

Crit21

Butterfly Fish
Ok, I think I found something that you might be interested in. Felix has 1W white and blue, and possible deep blue LEDs. They will work with the 30 watt drivers.

I will confirm with Felix that the 30W drivers and these LEDs would be 100% compatible. What do you think? Is anyone interested in 1W LEDs to go with their 30W drivers?

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Crit21;84459 said:
Ok, I think I found something that you might be interested in. Felix has 1W white and blue, and possible deep blue LEDs. They will work with the 30 watt drivers.

I will confirm with Felix that the 30W drivers and these LEDs would be 100% compatible. What do you think? Is anyone interested in 1W LEDs to go with their 30W drivers?
This guy is!! but I'd need to buy your 30W drivers you guys aren't using.