Liquidation Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
For the folks asking about the spare sump and the lights, here are pics. I still owe someone pics of the stands- I haven't forgotten you. I just have to move stuff around to get to them. I'll post those pics this afternoon. I will also post closer shots of the 150 this afternoon - the lights aren't on yet, and I need to go to an appointment.[attachment=62777:name]

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
OH - forgot to list the sump dimensions. It's 18.5" deep (front to back), 21" tall, and 48.5 long.

No worries Cindy. I'm in no hurry. You can post pics of the stands and their dimensions when you get a chance. I know you have a ton of people in and out right now and the weekends are probably especially busy! Thanks for not forgetting about me. :eek:

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
kypdurron25;201083 said:
No worries Cindy. I'm in no hurry. You can post pics of the stands and their dimensions when you get a chance. I know you have a ton of people in and out right now and the weekends are probably especially busy! Thanks for not forgetting about me. :eek:
Thanks for being so understanding. :) It has been crazy.

CindyL;200855 said:
OK, all, it's time to liquidate!
There's a mongo selection of frags, some mother colonies, and tanks, stands, and equipment (protein skimmers, fuges, pumps, lights, etc). Also up for sale is a mixed reef in a 150 gal tank (and fuge) on an ugly 2x4 stand, a small coral display flat on a prettier stand, and a large coral flat with fuge. After the flat and the 150 are gone, I'll have extra Reefkeeper modules for sale. I'll want to keep the main unit to use on my tank, but I won't need the spares.

I would really rather sell the 150 gal mixed reef as a complete setup. There's a metric s*** ton of rock in it, so pulling out individual fish just ain't happening unless you have a really tiny rod and reel. Plus my arms are not long enough to reach the bottom of it. There are a lot of bright corals in there, so for those of you with the ability to take it off my hands and part it out or incorporate it into your room-sized display tanks, you'll make plenty of money. There are also a few pairs of clowns (1 pair in the 150, 1 pair of black & white in the flat, and 1 pair in the smaller display flat), a green bubble tip nem, and 2 rose bubble tip nems.

Many thanks to ReefChief for helping me identify the corals I'm about to list. Hopefully those bubblegum monster frags are happy in your tank.

several mushrooms and ricordias, different colors
pipe organs
leathers (green tip and tan)
green stylo
green cauliflower
radioactive dragon eyes
nuclear holocaust
cherry charms
hollywood stunner
cyphastrea
keds reds
orange bam bams
incredible hulks
morph of incredible hulks
green acanthea
candy canes
joker chalice
purple/green favia
orange acans
green palys
rastas
lunar eclipse
embers
scooter palys
blue tubs
whammin watermelons
unknown zoas (green skirt & teal center, and green skirt purple center w/green eye)
green monti
nuke palys
gorilla nipples
sunny D's
sunrise
purple hammer
meteorite chalice
green goni
reverse gorilla nipples
green bay packers
gold midas
cherry bombs
magicians
unknown zoa/paly dark center w/green fringe
bright yellow deep water zoas
bubblegum Monster

PLEASE, I beg you, don't ask me to send pics. It would take me hours/days to figure out how to get decent ones, because there are so many corals. In many cases, there are multiple frags of the ones I've listed, and I'm probably missing a few on the list. I promise you, it's worth the trip to Westminster to take a look. If you're interested in buying the whole kit & caboodle from me, come over, see what all is here, and make me an offer that's fair to both of us. I'm willing to do a great deal for someone who is taking the entire package. I just don't want to sell at bargain basement prices to someone that is cherry picking, because that leaves me with the same stress and headache over the stuff that is harder to sell.

My earlier offer to host a club meeting still stands. Just let me know a day & time, what to get, and about how many to expect, and I'll be ready. ;-)

Thanks bunches,
Cindy
Hi!
Brand new to the whole forum and salt water tank world. Interested in starting a tank and wanted to begin with a 100gallon as I heard they are more stable - what would be a reasonable price for this 150 gallon complete setup?

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
GaryandTracey;201131 said:
Hi!
Brand new to the whole forum and salt water tank world. Interested in starting a tank and wanted to begin with a 100gallon as I heard they are more stable - what would be a reasonable price for this 150 gallon complete setup?
I'm asking $600 for the whole system. It includes the tank & stand, fuge, rock, fish, heaters, pumps, skimmer, and light. It's a mixed reef vs fish only or coral only, and that's a bit harder to maintain because of the complexity. For newbies, you want to consider if you are ready for a mixed reef. Getting an established one this size is certainly a better choice than starting with a nano, but there is a lot to know about how to set it up and maintain it. I'm no expert at that, so you definitely want to tap into all the knowledge the members of this club have to offer. They've been extremely helpful to me.

Thanks,
Cindy

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
For $600, buy it and ask tons of questions. You won't find a better deal. We're here to help if you do pick it up.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Honestly you would be best served to find a local fish store or maintenance company to move and set up for you. If you're in the Fort I believe Great White Aquatics whom is one of our sponsors does that stuff.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea, transportation is going to be a challenge. Lots of 5g buckets and lotsof 45g trashcans. I don't live far away so I'm sure I could help load if needed.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
GaryandTracey;201143 said:
Okay, two more questions - how could we take a look at it and how do you transport something like that? :) Thanks!
I'm in Westminster. I've got stuff to do Wednesday and Thursday, but tomorrow and Friday are wide open. If you text me at 703-209-3988 and let me know when you're coming, I'll reply with the address.

Transporting will be a royal pain in the ***. Just being honest with you, not trying to scare you off. You will want to get a LOT of tubs and buckets (don't forget lids) to hold the rocks, water, sand, corals, and fish. I have some here, but not enough to hold everything in that tank. I have a ton of polybags to put them in to try to protect them some, as well. The tank is extremely heavy, because it's an old glass tank, and it's in the basement, so bring some burly friends with you. Nate and I carried it into the house and down the stairs by ourselves, and nearly wound up in the hospital. One of the dumbest things we ever did. Wear clothes you don't mind getting wet and mucky. It will take several hours from beginning to end, so be prepared for that. It could take a couple of days to get it set up the way you want. You'll use the tubs to hold the fish and corals while you set up the tank and get the rocks in place, and they need to be the right temp and get the right amount of circulation.

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
yea i stuck a toe in and tested the water im lucky i got it back (heading for high ground) lol

I do want those larger rocks from the frag tank tho if you need you can hold them for me till the weekend then we can get together

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Well NOW y'all tell me!! I'm not gonna feel right about raising the price on GaryandTracy. But maybe I should set up a silent auction or something for it if they decide they don't want to take it. I'm not greedy, but I really could use a little financial help.

And yes, there's a hippo, and those spendy firefish, and a yellow tang, and a kole tang, and blennies, and diamond goby, a pair of gorgeous clowns, and wrasses... all sorts of stuff in that tank. Crazy color corals (mostly pink, because he loved pink. I hate pink. That right there should have told me that we weren't gonna last.)

Oh, and I found a small bubblegum monster frag today. I sold the big one yesterday, and I thought that was the last of it, but I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.