Looking for help

Does anyone do aquarium maintance in the Loveland area? I am looking for someone to come over and help me out with my tank. Try to figure out why things are not going well. Test my water, look at my setup etc. This is kinda a last ditch effort before I take the tank down. Let me know if you are interested or know someone that is interested. I don't have corals to trade but will pay cash or favorite beverage for you time.
thanks
Jeremy

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Great White aquatics out of Ft. collins does maint, might do Loveland. Ask for Vince (owner). nice guy. If you just want a know nothing hobbiest to come by I live in Loveland as well and could take a peak. If nothing else, maybe I could help you figure out what questions to ask the non local pros here.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gonzo offers servicing as well. Not sure on pricing for either one. I don't think Will comes up this far.

More importantly, what's going on with the tank.?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I can not stop these bubbles from coming into my tank from my sump. I turn off my skimmer I still get bubbles, I put a 55micron sock on my drain and I still get bubbles. I have a bubble trap but it doesn't seem to work. I am getting pretty much zero growth from my corals, I have some strange green fether duster looking things growing on everything in my tank. My peramiters all look good. No coraline growth, fuzz algea on everything. Just frustrated beyond belief.

Hey Wicked,
Thanks for the response. I am out of town this weekend but maybe next week? Boogie and Rockys I might take you up also with some help. Would be nice to get some opinions.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
yea its not easy ...take the help and spend some time on it it ...it will come around
sure all these guys that offered can help especially wicked ...id make sure boogie showers first though ...lol

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;101618 said:
yea its not easy ...take the help and spend some time on it it ...it will come around
sure all these guys that offered can help especially wicked ...id make sure boogie showers first though ...lol

sigh...Then I can only come over on Thursday..I shower on Wednesday...car wash runs as special for my big arse...

But yeah, I can come over most any night after 7pm and take a peak if you want, just send me a pm. Hobby is too rewarding to give up over a few bubbles. =)

Boogie;101650 said:
sigh...Then I can only come over on Thursday..I shower on Wednesday...car wash runs as special for my big arse...

But yeah, I can come over most any night after 7pm and take a peak if you want, just send me a pm. Hobby is too rewarding to give up over a few bubbles. =)

I have some time this week. What works for you?

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I could swing by tonight after 7 then it gets sketchy till the weekend.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Went over to the house. Looks to me like everything is bleached out possibly due to light. Recommendation of either removing bulbs or cutting light cycle down to 5 hours instead of 8. Maybe even start with a three day black out. What do you guys think? Camera phone pics as its the best thing available to us at the time. Camera adds a blue tint as mostly everything is stark white. Polyps are there so there is life but no color. Even the green hair algae is bleached white. Temps good. Water quality good.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What kinda of lights does he have?

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
really nice tek elite 6 bulb fixture (think its too much light imo) bulbs only 3 months old.

If things seem to be bleaching out I would try and raise the light a little, it certainly couldn't hurt. Also about your microbubble issue, check and see if they are present before entering the return pump area, if they are try and stop them from getting from the pump via methods already covered. If they are not, concentrate on cleaning the return pump making sure it is free from debris and all connections on the tubing are tight but not too tight with no air holes. As for the fuzz, blackout for a few days, scrub, and then hit it with more CUC then you think you should need.

I am thinking there might be a hole somewhere in my plumbing. I just cant see bubbles being sucked up by my pump. I do have a small hole to act as a back syphon breaker,but am thinking that wouldn't be causing the bubbles.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Been chatting with some other friends and the common reccomendation would be to start with a 3 day black out. after that you can choose to either use two or four of the bulbs in 6 hour cycles but make sure that the bulb combination includes the 2 actinics. If you do four, I'd do the two atinics, one white and the purp.