Looking for help

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Are you guys sure its micro bubbles and not Dino's? Everyone seems to be having dino's lately, myself included - summer related I suppose..

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;102440 said:
Are you guys sure its micro bubbles and not Dino's? Everyone seems to be having dino's lately, myself included - summer related I suppose..
Pretty sure its bubbles as you can see them burping out of the return spout every few secs...but..minor little ones. I know they are driving him crazy but I def think the corals being bright white are more of an issue. my opinion anyways.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
There is polyp extention. The zoas are open but staying real close to base and real small in diameter. If you look at the sps you can see polyps, more so on the ones that have some shade. Everything but the birdsnest actually appears to be alive just really really white and well...those who know me know what I think bout whites. =)

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
did you recently change lights, sounds like a lighting problem to me but hell I dont know anything

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
chrislorentz;102486 said:
did you recently change lights, sounds like a lighting problem to me but hell I dont know anything
seems right to me ...but might want to run it by some people on RC (as much as i hate to say it) and see if it gets you a response

The light has been on the tank since mid April. Before this light I had a Current USA 2x150mh with 4t5s.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The micro bubbles could be caused by cavitation in the pump,
I would cut all but 2 actinic bulbs to address the coral coloration.

wicked demon;102552 said:
The micro bubbles could be caused by cavitation in the pump,
I would cut all but 2 actinic bulbs to address the coral coloration.
Could you explain more what you mean by cavitation?

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
He means the pump is sucking in air or creating a turbulence in itself (if I'm not mistaken). My non technical translation would be to take apart the pump and check/clean the impeller area.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cavitation means that the cylinder where the impeller sits is not perfectly round anymore. This causes the impeller to spin in an ellipse instead of a circle. Did you ever get sand in the pump and not clean it out?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I will have to take a look at it, clean it well. I have another pump that I can try to see if this helps. I took apart my pluming last night and glued the pvc and used plumbers tape on the threads for the loc line on my return. See if it is better today.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Have you changed the light cycle/intensity yet?

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I get mine from Aqua Imports down in Boulder, but I work down there so its a lunch time thing for me. I have gotten some from Jonthefb and he's in greeley but never home. lol. Great White Aquatics has it in Ft. collins at a fair price.