Metal stands

Status
Not open for further replies.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've made a few metal stands so thought I'd through it out there of anyone is looking for a steel stand. Here's one I just did for Bpreefer. Also working on my frag tank stand ill post pics when it's done.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Smiley;215559 said:
whats a typical cost for a 48x18 and a 48x24 stand?
It varies alot with steel. Depends on thickness and size of material. Do you have a preference? Or is that all up to me lol I also don't finish them as far as siding. That's up to you. I can also leave it raw or paint it or coat it in rhino lining like the truck bed lining.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
just raw is fine... right now im looking at options for a 120 stand for my office, and later will be looking into a stand for a 72x30x24.

and it has to be strong enough that my kid can play under it without worry of collapse.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yep the only way to go! I have steel stands on both my tanks, I also made my own! I used 2in sq on the 180 and 1.5 sq on the cube w guset and ladder bracing on both.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Metal stands

If you need a place to powder coat it go to colorado powder coating he's a good buddy of mine and does work at a good cost. Just tell him jr sent you

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Smiley;215563 said:
just raw is fine... right now im looking at options for a 120 stand for my office, and later will be looking into a stand for a 72x30x24.

and it has to be strong enough that my kid can play under it without worry of collapse.
The one in the picture is for a 125 I'd build it just like that one. Left a 3 ft gap in the front for sumps also leaving the ends open but putting corner bracing on it. I build race car rear ends and fab 9 housings so I don't mess around when it comes to strength. I went to school for welding and race car chassis design.

That stand is 1.5" at 1/8" thickness. Ill get you a price shortly I'm currently moving a 140 ha

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I should come see you, I have a tab I need welded onto my racebike subframe, about the size of a quarter.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;216163 said:
I should come see you, I have a tab I need welded onto my racebike subframe, about the size of a quarter.
Bring it over lol

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Almost done, needs a few braces and paint. This is for a frag tank

Status
Not open for further replies.