1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Montipora undata grow out competition

Discussion in 'MASC Run Contests' started by Wicked Color, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Wicked Color

Wicked Color Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Really? What happened?

2. othercents

othercents Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

It is in a new spot with a new tank and different flow. It is at optimal lighting and optimal flow at this point, but what hasn't been optimal was the previous tank where it got flipped upside down and afterwards when it was placed into a tupperware bowl for 2 days.

Lower right is 20" away from the T5 lights and right under the powerhead. I will keep him here until I get the rocks re-assembled and I can find a more permanent spot. When it was growing good it was 6" away from the light under medium flow. This is about where it is now, however it is not directly under the light like before.

Geez... I shouldn't have said anything. Damm power in the tank went off last night at 11pm and found it this morning at 70 degrees with some water overflowing into my cabinet. If the undata survives I can let everyone know what conditions they will survive under.

David

3. jagermeister

jagermeister Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

Update: Really spreading out along the base now, of course, not as fast as I want it to!

Frag is still located towards the top of the tank.

[​IMG]

4. WrasseAttack

WrasseAttack Amphipod

Mine was dormant for a long time but has finally decided to put on some growth in these last couple of weeks. Hopefully the trend continues.

[​IMG]

5. projectx

projectx Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

When and where are we doing the wieght off?

6. Dreamer

Dreamer Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Well I think I have gotten a little bit of growth. Kinda strange though as I got a purple haze from Sazama at the same time and it is growing like a weed and they sit right next to each other.

Here is when I first got it.
    [​IMG]

And now
    [​IMG]

here is teh purple haze you can clearly see the growth on it. sorry for the crappy photo
    [​IMG]

7. projectx

Attached Files:

8. WrasseAttack

WrasseAttack Amphipod

Interesting growth patterns. Dreamer's is growing into a disk, Jagermeister's grew straight down and out and mine grew out with bumps on the side.

9. Yaten13

Yaten13 Amphipod

Yeah, when is the weigh-in? The official rules say it ends May 25. Does that mean we have to be at the DG meeting this Thursday? It's far as hell and I need to know if we need to be there.

10. Cake_Boss

Cake_Boss Orca M.A.S.C Club Member

Think the may deadline was pushed back 3 months for a complete 6 month grow out. Hurra, wicked?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

11. projectx

If thats the case I am good with a 6 month grow out, might actually give me a fighten chance

12. hurrafreak

hurrafreak Orca M.A.S.C Club Member

I believe when I talked to wicked at the DBTC meeting, I think we had talked about doing the full 6 month growout. It gives everyone a better chance, and actually gives the frags time to "growout." But if anything has changed wicked would know.

13. Wicked Color

no, thats cool with me.

14. Wicked Color

Weigh ins will be at Elite reef fest 2011, on July 23.

15. projectx

Sweet, cant wait to see how I fare, I need to post a new pict, its finally starting to grow

16. KhensuRa

KhensuRa Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

What does the whiner get again? Or is it just bragging rights?

17. dv3

dv3 Orca M.A.S.C Club Member

this will be embarrassing ..i think mine actually shrunk but atleast its still alive i guess

18. the_fish_man

the_fish_man Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

$150 coral pack of you choice.

19. WrasseAttack

WrasseAttack Amphipod

But my Chinese growth hormones won't be here until the 7th!

20. projectx

Do we need to do tests for doping?