Montipora undata grow out competition

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;90524 said:
Looks like mine when I started out, put that guy in a different spot
It is in a new spot with a new tank and different flow. It is at optimal lighting and optimal flow at this point, but what hasn't been optimal was the previous tank where it got flipped upside down and afterwards when it was placed into a tupperware bowl for 2 days.

dvenson;90539 said:
i would say lower light
Lower right is 20" away from the T5 lights and right under the powerhead. I will keep him here until I get the rocks re-assembled and I can find a more permanent spot. When it was growing good it was 6" away from the light under medium flow. This is about where it is now, however it is not directly under the light like before.

othercents;90500 said:
Good then there is some hope that now that my new tank is setup everything should get back to normal. Just need to remember to feed it everyday.
Geez... I shouldn't have said anything. Damm power in the tank went off last night at 11pm and found it this morning at 70 degrees with some water overflowing into my cabinet. If the undata survives I can let everyone know what conditions they will survive under.

David

Dreamer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I think I have gotten a little bit of growth. Kinda strange though as I got a purple haze from Sazama at the same time and it is growing like a weed and they sit right next to each other.

Here is when I first got it.

And now

here is teh purple haze you can clearly see the growth on it. sorry for the crappy photo

Yeah, when is the weigh-in? The official rules say it ends May 25. Does that mean we have to be at the DG meeting this Thursday? It's far as hell and I need to know if we need to be there.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yaten13;95136 said:
Yeah, when is the weigh-in? The official rules say it ends May 25. Does that mean we have to be at the DG meeting this Thursday? It's far as hell and I need to know if we need to be there.
Think the may deadline was pushed back 3 months for a complete 6 month grow out. Hurra, wicked?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I believe when I talked to wicked at the DBTC meeting, I think we had talked about doing the full 6 month growout. It gives everyone a better chance, and actually gives the frags time to "growout." But if anything has changed wicked would know.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
What does the whiner get again? Or is it just bragging rights?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
this will be embarrassing ..i think mine actually shrunk but atleast its still alive i guess

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;99406 said:
What does the whiner get again? Or is it just bragging rights?
$150 coral pack of you choice.