1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Montipora undata grow out competition

Discussion in 'MASC Run Contests' started by Wicked Color, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Wicked Color

Wicked Color Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

I wont be giving anybody my pee, thats just too gross.

2. 120greefman

120greefman Guest

Mine actually died and came back to life. I think it is smaller than what I originally got though.

3. othercents

othercents Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

What if we respectively decline to be laughed at? What if my cat ate mine?

4. Cake_Boss

Cake_Boss Orca M.A.S.C Club Member

Mine wasn't growing fast, I thought it was behavioral issues, I tried electroshock therapy, think I put too much juice in it, think it died, ask boogie about it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

5. Boogie

Boogie Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

I have about 4 diff corals that size that I have been monitoring for signs of life. Only 1 out of the 4 is showing any signs of life, minimum at that. Don't think its this one...course, they all kinda look the same dead...

6. jagermeister

jagermeister Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

Here's an updated pic of the competition coral. Still located towards the top of the tank under 250w Phoenix 14ks.

[​IMG]

7. dv3

dv3 Orca M.A.S.C Club Member

thats it ..im not bringing mine ....lol

8. WrasseAttack

WrasseAttack Amphipod

Damn is there a second place prize?

9. Wicked Color

Wicked Color Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

looking good there jagerman!!!

10. projectx

projectx Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Might be a close race. Cant wait to see how it turns out

11. dv3

what ever happened to heffe?

12. Yaten13

Yaten13 Amphipod

It's been awhile since I posted, but mine is still looking good. Growth has slowed a bit since I haven't had as much time lately for water changes and a light burned out so lower light and Ca has been a little low. Everything is still healthy, but growth conditions aren't ideal.
    PICs tonight (hopefully).

13. dvenson

dvenson Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

we need pics or it never happened!

14. saltySamurai

saltySamurai Amphipod

I think I croaked mine two weeks ago. Got knocked over and was upside down for 2 or 3 days. When I flipped it upright it's not looking too happy... Certainly wasn't a contender even if it were to miraculously resurrect itself...

15. dv3

still not bringing mine unless it gets its own shower stall and towel...its embarrassing ...lol

16. the_fish_man

the_fish_man Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

Lol

17. amonchak

amonchak Marlin Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Here is a pic of mine......

[​IMG]

18. projectx

projectx Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Well I might be out now, went out of town for a week, asked my dad and brother to watch the tank and told them that the only coral they had to make sure didnt move or drop was the comp frag.

We will see if it bounces back, it was upsidedown at the bottom of the tank for who knows how long and its as white as snow. If it comes back I will be shocked

19. WrasseAttack

WrasseAttack Amphipod

Can those of us who can't make it to Elite Reef this weekend bring ours to weigh in at your house before the event Wicked? Mine is probably not a winner but it would be cool to know how I did compared to everybody else.

20. jagermeister

jagermeister Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

So is there a certain time for the weigh in?