Need a little help

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm tank sitting and a few acros have started to go downhill, need a little help figuring this out.

Friday, one acro down.

Sat-Sun, everything looks fine

Today, one acro has started to recede.

Testing params now.

What's new with the tank? Skimmer has been unclogged, new LED lights, bio-pellets have been replenished.

No fish/invert deaths to report.

LPS and zoas are fluffy and looking great. Other sps have good PE.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
The one is question is already at the sandbed. I repositioned it so it's getting slightly less light.

I'd like to turn the light intensity down, to say 50%? Any input on running the AI wireless controller would be nice

Oh, temp @ 80.1

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
what is dosing the alk? from what ive been reading, when running bio-pellets, spikes of alk will cause rtn on some acros... if he replenished pellets and as well as made new alk solution, he may have auto-overdosed alk a little. hopefully it stabilizes and they stop rtn'ing. what was his alk before he replaced pellets?

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ive heard and never been told otherwise, that when switching to LEDs, especially newer ones with better par readings to not start at anything higher intensity than 30-40%... corals may be closed up some and if they stay that way for a few days then turn intensity up to 40-45 and 50 and so on until their happy... but i heard anything over 50% to start will melt and burn anything thats used to "high lighting" from a Halide or t5ho

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Need a little help

Smiley;234977 said:
what is dosing the alk? from what ive been reading, when running bio-pellets, spikes of alk will cause rtn on some acros... if he replenished pellets and as well as made new alk solution, he may have auto-overdosed alk a little. hopefully it stabilizes and they stop rtn'ing. what was his alk before he replaced pellets?
No idea what the alk was prior. Dosing pumps are dosing alk and ca. No new alk solution. Good to know, I'll pass it along.

Kalgra;234978 said:
Did you put hand lotion in it?
Was I not supposed to?

PlumCrazy;234980 said:
Ive heard and never been told otherwise, that when switching to LEDs, especially newer ones with better par readings to not start at anything higher intensity than 30-40%... corals may be closed up some and if they stay that way for a few days then turn intensity up to 40-45 and 50 and so on until their happy... but i heard anything over 50% to start will melt and burn anything thats used to "high lighting" from a Halide or t5ho
These have been on for a little bit, I think they were started at around ~40%

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
if the alk hasnt changed, then id bet its the lights like everyone else says...those led's are for more intense than the t12 he was running lol.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Need a little help

I think the alk is a little high, I thought he was keeping it around 10. Actually, I think the ca is high too. Maybe it has something to do with he recent discovery of w/c....lol j/k buddy