Need a little help

Aaron

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've been away all week so sorry about not replying on the LED question. Though it seems like other knowledgeable club members have had similar experiences. Here's another experience:

In this video, the radions are set to 70% intensity:
http://www.mrsaltwatertank.com/mr-saltwater-tanks-225-gallon-vip-tank-1-year-update/

In this video, the blue and white channels are at 100% at a 20k setting but the lights are almost 2 feet above an 800 Gallon tank:
http://www.mrsaltwatertank.com/11-radions-2800-watts-of-metal-halides-and-one-800-gallon-show-tank/

I just switched to Reef Crystals as well and haven't deviated from my normal dosing schedule yet, good to know though. Test your calcium, if your Calcium is low I would up the Calcium dose and turn off the Alk dosing. The calcium dosing (if needed) should lower the alkalinity in a slow and controlled way, which is what you want. Don't make drastic changes. Also, if your pH is high I would suggest a small daily water change. I've heard but not experienced unstable Mg in the water with high Alk can occur so monitor that as well until the solution is remedied.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Need a little help

Ca was at 530ish think I have problem solved we will see what happens over next week. Thanks for the links gonna check them out now.

Aaron

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry, correction in the second video Dave has them 16" off the surface. Then he goes on to say that he can grow montiporas on the sandbed of his 800Gal.

To go even further, I have acros and montis almost on the sandbed in my 90Gallon. Needless to say I love my Radions now that they are turned down :)

Aaron

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ouch, yeah stop the dosing. I'd do a 5% water change daily at this point, if possible go back to standard salt.

At this point drastic changes will only hurt you're not quite in the danger zone yet so take it slow and good luck.