New to the Group!

Hi all! Just discovered this group while perusing Reef Central.

I currently have a 150 gallon tank that I'm getting ready to set up, once my rocks from Reef Rocks get here. Also planning on doing a seahorse tank for the living room in the near future. New house = new tanks, right!?!

Glad I found the group!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Glad you found us and welcome to the addiction! We love pics here so be sure to start a build thread as you start to put your tank together and ask ant questionss along the way that you need help with.

Thanks for the welcome! And pics would be pretty boring - it's sitting empty and lifeless right now. Waiting on my rocks!!!

I've had a 56 gallon set up for some now, just a FOWLR, so I have a little experience, but I plan on asking all the questions I can once the big one gets going!! I don't know what I'm more excited for - the 150 (which will eventually be reef, but start as FOWLR) or the seahorse.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Thats how we all started :) either way you be surprised as the rise people will get out of empty tanks with just rock and sand :)

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Small tip: as you select fish for the 150 starting as a fowlr then eventually a reef, make sure you select reef safe ones. Will save you a ton of head aches in the future.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
Welcome to MASC Wildcat!

Definitely. Once had to completely dismantle my whole 56 to catch a chromis. Here's a start to my planned stocking list. Not sure how much more I would add or if it's too much already. Don't want a heavy bio-load.

Purple Firefish x 2 (added first with YWG)
Two Oscellaris
Yellow Watchman Goby
Yellow Foxface
Midas Blenny??
Resplendent anthias x3?
Fairy Wrasse (not sure which one)
Chevron Tang
Yellow Tang
Mandarin Goby (added last and pry in at least a year)

Rainfordi Goby??

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Chad will Probly sell you his fox face as it needs a bigger tank soon

I'd love to take you up on the Foxface!! It'll just be while before I'm ready for him. I want to get my firefish and YWG in first and they haven't even started the QT period yet.

Thanks again for all the welcomes! I'm in Westminster, in the vicinity of Zuni/136th. Though I'm originally from KS and just made the move out here to CO about a year and a half ago.

I have a thread started in the Wanted to Buy forum, but still looking for around a 30-33 gallon cube shaped aquarium for seahorses if any of you happen to hear of one!

This has nothing to do with my aquariums, but I gotta post anyway. Anyone watch the K-State vs OU game??

GO KANSAS STATE WILDCATS!!!!!!!!