Not good...

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So i got home after a wile away from home to find my tank looking terrible with what appears to be numerous casualties, upon furthered inspection i found both my newly acquired sea hares dead... i have heard these things are very toxic to the water and was wondering what i should do???? Is it a total loss and should i unload the tank and flush the system? ?? Where should i go from here?? Its a 150gal tank and the two sea hares were about 4" long

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What's not good?

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea most is still alive but not looking good at all, sps seem to have suffered the most.... so should i pull everything? ?

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Or should i just do back to back water changes for the next week

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
water changes big ones you wil be suprised what makes it

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just changed 35gal, about an hour ago. Should i do that once a day or more often? ? I can do alot sense i can mix 200 gal of mixed water every 24 hrs. But i would think after to many rapid water changes you would begin to cause more harm then good right???

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
scchase;168427 said:
water changes big ones you wil be suprised what makes it
I hope u mean surprised as in good not bad... cuz right know it deff looks like almost every mili, acro, tort and digi is toast... thats 19 corals and that not good my friend. Surprisingly chalices seem to look better today (stumped) and the zoas just look irritated.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lowenbrau;168432 said:
It is a matter of getting rid of the toxins....fresh saltwater is a much better risk IMO
So just keep doing water changes? Whats good # 70gal a day? Also one carcase is mia... is that an even bigger problem? Imo my crabs already devored him last night cuz i noticed about 50 crabs in one little area all day picking around

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
water changes and run carbon

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I cant run carbpn because of my bio pellets, it will de-nature the bio pellets. But i did about 75% water change over the last 24 hrs and all my zoas, lps and softies are looking 100% better, my sps are still looking like ****. Now that i have my tests done i can 100% confirm it was the death of my sea hares that caused it but i wish i new what caused their deaths because they were very beneficial to my system cuc