Par Meter VS Seneye

andyrm66

Butterfly Fish
Anyone have a par meter and want to compare it to the Seneye? I have a seneye, your place or mine, Im in Northglenn. Would like to see if there is a big difference.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't but I am curious about this piece of equipment. What do you think so far? Sorry to go off topic on you.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

andyrm66

Butterfly Fish
I was thinking or writing a review, but thats to hard. LOL. So far I like it, smaller than I thought, the slide is soaking. For the $139, its a great par meter. What else would you like to know?

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You have to have the subscription? Slides one time use? Can you get constant real time readings?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

andyrm66

Butterfly Fish
The ph and Nh3 require slides, that last 30 days. Soon they will have the digi strip which will also add DHK O2 and some other things. It samples once an hour I think.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is a good price just for the PAR meter. How much are the slides to buy?

andyrm66

Butterfly Fish
Sweet weshould do it. I’m curious to see what the discrepancy is on the lower end ofthe spectrum. Leds would allow us (if you can dim the whites) to measure theblue.

Lol I'm going to be soooo ****ed if my new 400$ par meter actually is inferior to the senye. Seems like a string possibility though as mine dosent do lux or kelven readings

andyrm66

Butterfly Fish
From what I've read, standard par meters underestimate the par by 10-25% in the blue range. They are tuned to reds for horticulture and dont measure the blues correctly. The way around this is using a $$$ Licor Spectroradiometer LI-800 setup like what Sanjay uses for all of his lighting tests.