Part 2 of losing my mind, Bajamike's 300 DD build

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Part 2 of losing my mind, majicmike's 300 DD build

MartinsReef;246656 said:
Whooooooooo lives in a pineapple under the sea.....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Sponge Bob square pants!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Part 2 of losing my mind, majicmike's 300 DD build

CindyL;246895 said:
Absorbent and yellow and porous is he!
Is it bad that I sang this, not read it? Amazing build by the way, someday I will have something like this, but for now will love vicariously through your build

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Man all those yellow tangs sure is awesome!!!! So glad you got them to school like that! Also great pics, what are those taken with your ipad2 still?

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Little up date. I have officially made it to the big tank club with my latest addition. I bought a calcium reactor and have gone away from dosing 2 part. ThunderTwonk helped me get it up and running (thank you kris) then shortly after we got it going he left saying good luck! i had a feeling this was going to be a hard transition as I was dosing ALK for 120 minutes 8x a day. Just a quick with the math thats over 1000 milliliters a day. During my transition I had 1 alk swing 8.3 to 8.55 not to bad. Enough of my babbling. Then I fad my frags in my sump and it was beginning to be a pain in the but. So we bought a 20L and I drilled it and made it into a frag tank. I like it but I should have gone a little bigger but oh well. I'll get to the pictures.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President

Bajamike;257093 said:
Little up date. I have officially made it to the big tank club with my latest addition. I bought a calcium reactor and have gone away from dosing 2 part. ThunderTwonk helped me get it up and running (thank you kris) then shortly after we got it going he left saying good luck! i had a feeling this was going to be a hard transition as I was dosing ALK for 120 minutes 8x a day. Just a quick with the math thats over 1000 milliliters a day. During my transition I had 1 alk swing 8.3 to 8.55 not to bad. Enough of my babbling. Then I fad my frags in my sump and it was beginning to be a pain in the but. So we bought a 20L and I drilled it and made it into a frag tank. I like it but I should have gone a little bigger but oh well. I'll get to the pictures.

I probably need to start looking for a calcium reactor too huh?
Like the frag tank. Lookin good!

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

MuralReef;257097 said:
I probably need to start looking for a calcium reactor too huh?
Like the frag tank. Lookin good!
Depends. What type of reef will you have? I have at least 50 different sps and between the 2 tanks 3 clams cindy has another 10 sps so our demand is very high. If you are just zoas and soft coral dosing pumps may be the way to go.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I only have a few SPS but want to move in that direction. So for now maybe I should be patient.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Mike, have any pics of the effluent chamber? Just wondering how you handled it.

By the way, thanks for the frag!

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member

What par is your nem being hit with. I think my nem is getting too much light but not sure.