Pink-ish, Purpl-ish, Orange-ish Birds nest. (22 of them)

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
Howdy all!

I'm a noob to the site. Had a nice reef going a few years back. Decided to get out, but never really did. Although I sold most of my corals, clams... The tank stayed, and was never shut down. One huge coral grew to huge, had some deep inner die off, some inner Bryopsis....

So, having a better fiscal year this year. I'm back in action. The tank has a new 1+ skimmer, a BRS two chamber media reactor and a fresh set of bulbs. (plus a few good cleanings).

Unfortunately I still had this 1/2 dead HUGE birds nest.

Two weeks ago I frag-ed it out, gluing the worst parts onto one rock, to keep. I thought I'd find a shop that would sell them, maybe sell them on Craigs? Nope, sold one! (I'm asking $5 on Craig's, or a small frag to get me going again). I don't want anything from you guys. It looks like you all give stuff out a lot. Thus not an issue. If you have anything though, wouldn't hurt my tank to be more occupied. ;-)

These things are growing like weeds in my tank. I don't really want money, I just want these to live, and my tank to get a few more corals again. Many are quite large. but most average 3-6" of multiple branches.

(One may be spoken for, as part of a trade toward an unscratched 110 BTW).

Thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator:

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Howdy and welcome

Wow what a 2nd post for the ages.

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
Cool! To both of you!

I posted a request for one of those Red/purple monti caps in the thread before mine. He too is up North in Mead. I work in Boulder as well. So it doesn't seem so far to me. lol

I updated my post BTW. It came off sounding like I wanted something for these ($) the first time. I'm about to add a pic of the original coral a few years back as well.

Thanks!

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is a killer birdnest...

Also there is a meeting this Sunday out in Avada if you wish you join us please do.

It is also okay to sell on the site if you like no need to be sorry. When you get a chance post up your info in the introduction thread.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
WOW that is a awsome looking Birdsnest! I have to agree this is a AWSOME! second post also if he is out i have a purple one i got from him i could trade you...

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
Something in the site contract or a sticky said something along the lines of "This is not Craigslist"... Made me feel like selling was not so smiled upon. Which is OK with me, I'd rather get frags anyway! :)

This is my first friggin fragging, LOL (watched how on Youtube) I thought I'd sell them for $5 pretty quick on Craig's (beings the LFS seems to want $20), but nope!

Like I said though, I don't really want money for them. I just want them all to live. Plus have a bit more variety in my tank again.

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
LOL, I think this meeting sounds like fun. So I could do that. Might have to bring a cooler full of frags! LOL

Although this pic is a bit cloudy, and blurry. You can see a few more.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
they look Amsome! birdsnest have to be one of my top favorite corals....lol ill be the guy with all the pee cups

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome to the club, that is very generous of you, I can bring you a ricordea or some zoas to trade if you like?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
welcome to the club! .....didnt get a chance to get back to your email earlier but it looks like you found a solution

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
I figured generosity may beget generosity! Which seems to be working!:D

Yes! I'd love a ricordea polyp!! I've been ogling some online a while now.

These grow at an amazing rate! They are thin and brittle branches, however the breaks will form multiple tips within a few days. Large breaks will heal over within a week, often heading in multiple directions once healed. If a break isn't complete (hangs) it'll heal back on within two days, then split.

If branches run into each other, they will grow together, AND continue on. Adding strength to the overall mass.

Lastly Green Chromis LOVE to sleep in this coral's branches.

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
tlsrcs;144523 said:
dillion let me know if you still want me to grab you some....you not going to the meeting??
Yes please, no i cant go with the move going on:(