Reef ED - Dates and Venue Options

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Available Dates and Venue Options With Pricing:

Holiday Inn Lakewood Denver - $1406 (contract in hand for 5/9/2015 - date can be held with deposit but no cancellation fee if release by WED. JAN. 7th - CRW Reef)
- Saturday May 9th w/ early setup available Friday May 10 (no charge)
- Saturday May 23rd w/ no early setup available

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
If anyone else wants to make some calls here in next few weeks to inquire about rental spaces and venue locations, please do and please add your finding by editing the 1st post int his thread. Ideally we would like to the see the event inside the 470 interstate circle and even better the closer to down town denver. However beware the closer you get to Downtown the more expensive it seems to get historically. Please just make sure you get the out the door costs associated with renting the event (meaning - includes all service fees and taxes)

Threads with info to help with questions if need be:

http://www.marinecolorado.org/forum...uipment-requirements-for-Event-Space-Inquires

http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?26563-Items-for-venue

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Chad,

It was nice speaking with you in regards to using the hotel again for an exhibit on a Saturday in May of this year.

Looking at the event space that you used in 2013, the costs would roughly be the same. Although I did mention to you that there would be a charge for the additional room across from the ballroom.

So to give you an estimate of total charges including service charge & taxes, you would be looking at roughly $2300.00.

Please let me know if there is a specific date you would like me to take a look at for you.

Thanks so much.

Make it a great day!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Reef ED - Dates and Venue Options

Ok so we are looking at the following:

Sheraton - $2300
Holiday Inn - $1400

To me the numbers speak for themselves and answer the question. Thoughts????????

* Also have May 23 reserved at Holiday Inn instead of May 9th (Mother's Day weekend) which is also a bad date due to Memorial Day being Monday May 25th. Looking like if we want an open holiday clear weekend may have to move into June.

Last edited by a moderator:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I've been trying to think of kewl venues we could do downtown and my work comes to mind. I work in the Denver Post building downtown and they rent the lobby, auditorium and the upstairs balcony (separate or together depending on the event) for private events and such. The lobby and auditorium and quite large and would give us plenty of space I think. I have no idea on pricing though, but I will see if I can find out next week.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
I think the Sheraton was nice and the holiday was good too. The pricing isn't a huge deal based on how much we make and the fact the we could spend a bit of money to make a great event. The dates are an issue I think.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I think the 9th would be preferable to Memorial Day weekend. Either hotel works unless we decide whether to go in a different direction but $900 is a big difference so I would say Holiday Inn.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yup, I concur. Take the better date (June?), and less expensive venue. We can use the savings towards raffle items alone....

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ok looking like the following dates are available:

Holiday Inn: - $1400

May 9
May 23
June 13

Sheraton DTC: - $2300
May 2
May 9
May 23
May 30
June 13
June 20

What say you all now ? :lostit:

* I am unfortunately (not fond of price difference) leaning toward the Sheraton on May 2nd or May 30th - so we don't end up in June and kids/families on summer break and vacations.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I say we tell the Sheraton we'd love to host an event there, but the Holiday Inn is $900 cheaper, and see what they say :)

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Munch;337243 said:
I say we tell the Sheraton we'd love to host an event there, but the Holiday Inn is $900 cheaper, and see what they say :)
+1

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I can sure try but very much doubting they will budge seeing how they are in different classes of quality. I'll email tomorrow and report back with results

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
http://postnewsads.com/D/DPEV/about-us.html

Pretty reasonable prices on my work building. It doesnt get more downtown then that too. Would have to see the availability of dates later this week

The lobby is massive and would be plenty of space for people and vendors, even the upstairs patio is quite large and would likely be adequate. Also with the lobby the large auditorium is right there where we could hold speakers and demos

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
SynDen;337265 said:

Pretty reasonable prices on my work building. It doesnt get more downtown then that too. Would have to see the availability of dates later this week

The lobby is massive and would be plenty of space for people and vendors, even the upstairs patio is quite large and would likely be adequate. Also with the lobby the large auditorium is right there where we could hold speakers and demos
Are they okay with all that water? Do they have the power necessary for the vendors? I like the price. We could do the lobby and the auditorium for close to the same as the Holiday Inn.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
MuralReef;337266 said:
Are they okay with all that water? Do they have the power necessary for the vendors? I like the price. We could do the lobby and the auditorium for close to the same as the Holiday Inn.
I would have to ask about water and power, although I do believe they have power outlets all over the lobby and the lobby is all stone flooring and such so cant imagine water would do much harm to it.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I filled out the contact sheet and hopefully will hear from them early this week, or Ill go track them down

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
SynDen;337265 said:

SynDen;337270 said:
I filled out the contact sheet and hopefully will hear from them early this week, or Ill go track them down

I love this idea and suggested pricing!!! Hopefully we can get full details and info in next few days, so we can get this rocking!!!!!! Please call, text or email me Angel if you need anything immediately in this.

chadrw79@gmail.com