Reef ED - Dates and Venue Options

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Havent heard back from them yet, but I will dig around and see if I can find out who I can go to and bypass their contact system

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I got the ladies email, and looks like we might be meeting on Friday. Waiting to hear exactly what time though, but should be able to have questions answered by this weekend so we can make a decision. Ill let you guy know the time incase anyone wants to join

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
SynDen;338100 said:
I got the ladies email, and looks like we might be meeting on Friday. Waiting to hear exactly what time though, but should be able to have questions answered by this weekend so we can make a decision. Ill let you guy know the time incase anyone wants to join
Angel, Are you lined up to talk with Rachel Sarah by chance? I wasnt trying to step on toes but I also submitted an email request and got an email back saying I could call to talk to her today @ 11:30. Would you like to conference call in with me?

Last edited by a moderator:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
So she said she was available on Friday but never heard back from her on a time. I emailed her again and asked if there is a time this week we could meet, and still have heard back. Think I might have to find this ladies boss and get her fired because she obviously not doing her job. Either way, if we want to just move forward with one of the other locations we can, I will continue to try and get a response from here this week though, and will post up if I hear anything.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Much as I hate to agree, I think we need to move on. I sent her several messages as well and even left a voicemail with no response. I think we have until end of this week tops to get it sorted or not and then we have to move on before we miss avaialble dates in other places.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Well I finally got a hold of her and met with her this afternoon. She apologized for the delay in her responses.

Price for the Lobby and the Auditorium is $2000 flat fee, or 1000 for each, which includes janitorial services, wifi and power usage.
However they do not have any tables, chairs or equipment that we can use, so we would need to rent those. She was going to send me a sheet of contacts for companies that they generally use for those rentals, but we are free to use whatever we can come up with.

Parking around the building is also managed by a company called Alphapark, which she was also going to send me the contact info for to possibly work out a deal on parking, but as it is now parking is cheapest after 5pm. She did say that we could potentially buy some validated parking tickets if we wanted, which might not be a bad idea. We could maybe buy like 50 tickets and give free parking to the first 50 visitors through the doors. Just a thought.

She also said that if we want catering with alcohol we would need to call Occasion Catering as they have a liquor license but the building its self does not have a license for that. Again she said she would include contact info for them when she sends it.

I also asked about dates and sounds like most are open except for memorial day and the 30th. so maybe 17th or 2nd? or beginning of June might all be possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Yikes !!!!! OK thats what I was afraid of (as we discussed Angel) was that the tables and such would not be included. I am open for waiting for fees for another company to provide tables and such but im guessing we are going to be at another $1000 for that putting us @ $3k. Its a shame that a few hours of the auditorium would cost us $1000 but I guess it is what it is.

Hmmmmm as much as I love this place and the idea, I am beginning to think its way to much money for us and the parking is a whole dif beast since there is no provided free parking lot.

Did she say when she might have the info to you for the table, chairs and aprons people?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Well we could go with just the lobby, just a thought, but we could have more then enough space around the lobby for everything I think. Auditorium would be nice if were were going to fly in a speaker or something but otherwise Im sure we could make do without. That will cut it to 1000 for the space and 1k for the rentals.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
That would put a dent in it, but we will need prolly 25-30 tables total, folding chairs (mainly for vendors, there is other couch style seating around the lobby.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Not bad, by my count with them 30 tables, table cloths, + 30 chairs (maybe want more) and sound systems for around 500-600 dollars with them. The only thing not on there are some extra power strips

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Chad,

Thank you for your inquiry. We do have The P.A. System available along with 30-6ft Tables, 30- 6ft Linens and 160 chairs. There is no delivery cost, so the total price for this order would come to $925 without set up/tear down. I pasted below our payment and cancellation policy. If everything looks good just reply back with a confirmation that you would like to get in the book. Otherwise, let us know if you have any other questions or how we can help further. Keep in mind that we do carry concessions, etc. if we can help further.
30-6ft Tables $240
30- 6ft Linens $300
160 Chairs $200
P.A System $185
Sub-Total $925
Set up/Tear down $220
Got some numbers that look mostly ok to me. One thing I think we can do with out is the setup and tear down for $220 as this is not a requirement of them and I think we can stack some chairs and tables ourselves for them to come pick up. The other and I'm not sure about is the $300 for linens - I think we can maybe find some cheaper to rent but not certain yet as I haven't checked.

Regardless for just about $1000 we can have everything we need for the event. Then with the $1000 for event floor space we are at about $2000. I think this place is a cool venue and certainly something different from our norm. I have asked Angel to ask for a contract for Saturday May 16 - 9am-8pm at the Denver Post building and that is what I believe we are going to move forward with.

This is of course unless I have made an extreme over sight somewhere and there is a date conflict with something major or my numbers are off.

Please chime in with any thoughts guys, no really please.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I'm down with this and I have a PA system we can use and save some $$$.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya I think we can handle the setup ourselves. Ill certainly be up there to help with that and I'm sure we can pull a few volunteers to help as well. Linens do seem pretty expensive. The rest of their prices seem fair though.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
MuralReef;338825 said:
I'm down with this and I have a PA system we can use and save some $$$.
Perfect Mike great!!!! That def saves us some more money! Right on man

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Waiting for our contract for May 16th from Denver Post. Venue is 4k sqft so we will have speaker area setup at one end and and booth on the other. We will keep everyone posted once we get the contract in hand.

Mike if we can try to setup and plan to use your PA system with Mic that would be super helpful. I will plan to bring my projector and screen and then other than that I think we have the event company taking care of everything else.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Good work Chad and Angel!!

Is the anywhere on the web that we can see what the room looks like? Or Angel can you post pictures?

I think 4000 sq ft should be enough. Is there any limit to the number of people we can have in the room, like fire code?

Who is the speaker(s)? Will we have enough chairs?

Setup/tear down by us and or MASC members seems good.

We need to be careful with linens since they will get trashed and MASC will have to pay for that. Can we just use tables without linens? What if we do a bring your own table and chairs or vendors pay the cost for the tables and chairs if they need some??

How many vendors have we confirmed are available? Is this weekend during another event in the saltwater community?

Are we planning to charge an entrance fee for shoppers? What about vendors?

Those are my thoughts.....