Reef N Pond

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, most of the livestock is overpriced, ok ALL of it is overpriced. But they do carry some things other LFS don't, magnificent foxface. They always carry all the popular supplements. Some of then are a but old though. They can give some misleading information, ei. Tigerpods. The thing I love about about them is the used pumps/equipment section, it's crazy cheap! I'm still bummed about the $55 cucumber they sold me though, $15 max anywhere else.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
NOOB hehehehehe

rockys_pride;90402 said:
Well, most of the livestock is overpriced, ok ALL of it is overpriced. But they do carry some things other LFS don't, magnificent foxface. They always carry all the popular supplements. Some of then are a but old though. They can give some misleading information, ei. Tigerpods. The thing I love about about them is the used pumps/equipment section, it's crazy cheap! I'm still bummed about the $55 cucumber they sold me though, $15 max anywhere else.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah Reef and pond is noobe heaven. So many tanks and coral to look at, then you go down the street and stuff for a friction of the price. It is fun to negotiate with Evan and then not buy anything.

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
The prices for their livestock are a bit overpriced. But if you spend some time a chat with him he'll prob hook you up. I was in there last week and he had a neon dotty back for $59.99 and a fireshrimp for $36, I paid $50 for both of them.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
opakapaka;90599 said:
The prices for their livestock are a bit overpriced. But if you spend some time a chat with him he'll prob hook you up. I was in there last week and he had a neon dotty back for $59.99 and a fireshrimp for $36, I paid $50 for both of them.
A "hook up" there would still be a percentage higher then another lfs. Plus who goes to a shop for that? I go to buy stuff and if the prices suck and I have to haggle my way to a normal price then forget it. I would rather haggle for a deal.

Zoalander

Butterfly Fish
Very over priced. The thing that urks me is their frag tanks always only have actinics on, can't tell what anything will look like in my tank. Keys Island is much better.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I went to a place called Crepes and Boba.. Or was it Boba and Crepes, it's off Mississippi and Colorado. Either way When I walked in I noticed some blue LEDs in the corner. It was a fish tank! I walk over and it's a tank with a couple of fish and lots of dead/dying coral. I tried to ask them about it and they said "Reef and Pond is sponsoring this tank, we love it!" So yeah I left it alone got my strawberry banana boba drink and left. You would think a sponsored tank to showcase a business would have better care. Like one giant dead skeleton was the center piece.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Denvercherub;104235 said:
So I went to a place called Crepes and Boba.. Or was it Boba and Crepes, it's off Mississippi and Colorado. Either way When I walked in I noticed some blue LEDs in the corner. It was a fish tank! I walk over and it's a tank with a couple of fish and lots of dead/dying coral. I tried to ask them about it and they said "Reef and Pond is sponsoring this tank, we love it!" So yeah I left it alone got my strawberry banana boba drink and left. You would think a sponsored tank to showcase a business would have better care. Like one giant dead skeleton was the center piece.
Pics brah!

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Went in here today because it close to my house and while they have some ok pieces it was very overpriced. Their used section is cool but I was very turned off by the cleanliness of this place/tanks. Their CS was fine and they answered my questions. I'll prob use them for RO/DI and maybe a frag here and their but I'm not sure. So far I've been to 3 different places Reef & Pond, Elite Reef and Fish Palace and Elite has hands down the cleanest and most inviting store. I'm gonna visit some others over the next couple weeks because I'd like to have a couple reliable Local Fish Stores for my reefing needs. I'd give these guys a C+....just my two cents :)

damontoy

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have bought all my equipment from them. Yes do do cost much more then any other lfs. They have always been fare on buying used items. They offered me 200 for a chiller thats Todds offerd 75. I wont go there any longer, as Evan has moved to china and no one else there seems to have any experience other then the dad and he dont speak english.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;135112 said:
If you want RO/DI water I will sell you some, im 10 minutes from Reef N Pond. Bowles and Simms in Littleton.
+1

There is also Keys right down Santa Fe on Oxford. Decent prices etc