Reef N Pond

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Get water from Keys, only a few extra blocks down the street. Ki is a great guy and so is Paul. They don't have the selection of reef and pond, but they have decent prices and will order for you.

You know as a new reefer... I can say that i have spent wayyyyy......too much for coral, fish , equipment etc....
I think it would be pretty easy to overcharge someone who is a novice .
But with some of the LFS and some of the dealers around town , now i know who i will never go back to or do business. Not naming names !
Congrats to all of you on this forum. It seems like once here , there is a great resource in Denver for everyone.
Look forward becoming more involved with this forum.
Art Silk

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey thx for the input! I didnt know about Keys but I will go their and check it out tomorrow. Honestly, I'd rather drive a little further for a cleaner shop with friendly & knowledgeable staff...even if its just for RO/DI water. I'd go to Elite but they are WAYYYY to far from me for just H2O. I'm around Evans & Downing any other secret shops that I need to know about within 20 mile radius roughly? Thx, look forward to meeting some of you at the meeting on the 21st @ Premier.

They used to have a better selection, and the tanks were always much cleaner than they are now. They've gone downhill. I've noticed that their prices have gone up too. Last year, I paid $25 for a used Rio 2100. A few weeks ago, I saw the same pump for $40. I think it's time I find a new store.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
KhensuRa;135137 said:
Get water from Keys, only a few extra blocks down the street. Ki is a great guy and so is Paul. They don't have the selection of reef and pond, but they have decent prices and will order for you.
+1 Ki and Paul are def awesome, super nice guys! Never a bad deal made there I promise you that!

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Stopped by RnP yesterday, holy poop. Evan needs to come back. The staff said he's been gone 6+ months.

I did notice the pricing scheme changed on the used equipment; buy used equipment at ebay pricing for the same thing except new.

Needs new management

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah I heard that it would be best to go in and buy now as no one knows what the hell is going on.

Yeah. They've gone to crap. The tanks used to look great, and everything was healthy, but now I doubt that they can keep a Kenya tree alive.