reefer ratings

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
so if youll all kindly look at the bottom of my post youll see a star that you can click on. this is a rating system built into the forum that we have activated. the board is unsure if it will be useful or not, so right now its a temporary idea. its quite simple, click on the star and rate the person. you can also comment if particularly inclinded.
another idea we're throwing around is banning a user from the Classifieds and DBTC sections after weve recieved 3 seperate complaints from other members about shady business deals. this doesnt mean anyone can have 2 shady deals before theyll get banned, as it will be a case by case type of deal. You will need to bring proof of your case against said person for us to concider your complaint.
were still in discussions in the mod forum about all of this, and most if us have been chatting for hours trying to figure this out, but i thought id let you all know some of the ideas floating around and see what you guys thought!

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I like both ideas. I worry slightly that the rating system will become a popularity thing, but time will tell on that.

Proof of dealing in bad faith may be hard to produce, however, because in most cases the deal/conversation in question is offline (via text, phone, or in person). So it'll turn into a he said vs she said situation. However, if you see multiple complaints coming in from different people about someone which demonstrates a pattern of behavior, that should be considered.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Sounds good to me

Badgervet

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Maybe its just me but I don't see a star anywhere on the bottom of the post? I could just be blind.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Weird...I'm on my computer and this isn't showing up for me.

I do see a little box under everyone's avatar stating that they are "neutral", but it doesn't link to anything.

I definitely like the idea though, and hope it's implemented. Other forums that I'm on require you to link to a specific sale/freebie/help wanted thread in order to leave feedback, which could help eliminate the chance of this feature becoming a "popularity contest".

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I dont see it either now that I actually look. LOL

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;223871 said:
Weird...I'm on my computer and this isn't showing up for me.

I do see a little box under everyone's avatar stating that they are "neutral", but it doesn't link to anything.

I definitely like the idea though, and hope it's implemented. Other forums that I'm on require you to link to a specific sale/freebie/help wanted thread in order to leave feedback, which could help eliminate the chance of this feature becoming a "popularity contest".
Cool. That's a great way to end the popularity contest thing. (PS- I'm LOVING the red macro we got from you, man. Put it in the sump for the nano so I can grow it out and complete the DBTC asap. Once I get the seahorse tank set up, it's going in there, so I'll be able to keep paying it forward.)

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ya looks like its only visible to the BOD right now, so you'll have to hold tight until we get to take a deeper look into it. Sorry for the confusion

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Hurry up Chad! LOL, JK.

CindyL;223798 said:
I like both ideas. I worry slightly that the rating system will become a popularity thing, but time will tell on that.

Proof of dealing in bad faith may be hard to produce, however, because in most cases the deal/conversation in question is offline (via text, phone, or in person). So it'll turn into a he said vs she said situation. However, if you see multiple complaints coming in from different people about someone which demonstrates a pattern of behavior, that should be considered.
Yeah I completely agree with Cindy on both accounts, maybe we could just have a "like" system kind of like facebook, but for every piece of information we "like" it boosts our rating somehow, that way things can't be too negative unless there's a complaint system as well. Like if I REALLY think something someone says something just plain rude/inappropriate we can report them. (BTW I can see the star)

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
reefer ratings

That's wierd... I logged off and visited the site without being a BOD last night and they were there...