reefer ratings

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Suzanne Lynn;223897 said:
Yeah I completely agree with Cindy on both accounts, maybe we could just have a "like" system kind of like facebook, but for every piece of information we "like" it boosts our rating somehow, that way things can't be too negative unless there's a complaint system as well. Like if I REALLY think something someone says something just plain rude/inappropriate we can report them. (BTW I can see the star)
I totally disagree with this idea. Nothing I do, other than impress fellow reefers by dealing fairly with them, should boost my rating in any way. And there's already a complaint system in place if you are offended by something.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Suzanne Lynn;223897 said:
Like if I REALLY think something someone says something just plain rude/inappropriate we can report them. (BTW I can see the star)
It was just pointed out to me by a friend and super missed valuable asset to MASC (aka hurrafreak) a post can always be report to the MASC BOD by clicking the Caution sign at the bottom of every post. This is now and has always been a way to let the BOD know that there is a post that possibly needs attention and review. The BOD will then take a look and if it needs corrective action well address it best we can.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can see it now as well. Looks like it's basically a "like" button for a user's posts as opposed to something like the iTrader system that allows you to leave feedback for transactions in a format similar to Ebay.

IMHO, I think something like iTrader for vBulletin would be more useful if the goal is to discourage scamming and/or poor "business habits" through our forum, but have no real complaints against a basic rep system...just not as effective depending upon the reasoning behind implementing this.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;223916 said:
It was just pointed out to me by a friend and super missed valuable asset to MASC (aka hurrafreak) a post can always be report to the MASC BOD by clicking the Caution sign at the bottom of every post. This is now and has always been a way to let the BOD know that there is a post that possibly needs attention and review. The BOD will then take a look and if it needs corrective action well address it best we can.
Thanks for pointing that out, I honestly never paid much attention to that button. :p

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: reefer ratings

Roh ro...a star that could flag "inappropriate" posts could be bad for boogie :(.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Just looked at the board on my pc and I'd like to point out to everyone, EVERYONE, that it shows i'm an "angelfish"..just sayin...

Last edited by a moderator:

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So, I can see the star to leave feedback for someone, but how do you actually go about viewing that person's feedback?

I did receive a notification that I got some feedback, viewed it in the notification, but the info doesn't appear anywhere on my profile.

Big thanks to the BOD, with tweaking (as stated in the earlier posts) this will only make the user experience that much better. Although I do hope this feature will be improved in such a way as to not make it a superflous addition that most ignore.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
look to the lower left. just next to where it says "Blog this Post". Should have a sheriff start with a triangle next to it. On the same bar with the Reply with quote thing. I just noticed it only shows up on other peoples posts, not your own.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Boogie;224027 said:
look to the lower left. just next to where it says "Blog this Post". Should have a sheriff start with a triangle next to it. On the same bar with the Reply with quote thing. I just noticed it only shows up on other peoples posts, not your own.
Yeah, Boogie, you're not allowed to leave yourself positive feedback to make the rest of us think you really are a French model.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I never said i was french...

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
reefer ratings

I will have to get on my computer and figure this out. I have dealt with many great reefer lately.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's an interesting feature on the forums. It does not have to be for just seller feedback, but can be for great advice given in posts also.

I think it adds more character to the site. The Board is still discussing ways to provide seller/buyer feedback.