dvenson;151056 said:
first thing i heard was a loud scream i knew immediately that Jamie had won LOL
right .....funny how everyone there knew

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
coloagro;151048 said:
24' Blue/Magenta Stunner Strip.
It was my first show too and boy was it packed. Great to see Ret Talbot, Tony Vargas, and of course Mr. Saltwater Tank himself! And if you want to trade/sell your stunner strip Coloagro, I'd be happy to take them off your hands :)

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Seeing all of you was winning enough for me... Dang raffles gods hate me

(colorago) I looked everywhere for you.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
dvenson;151056 said:
first thing i heard was a loud scream i knew immediately that Jamie had won LOL
Think he just about gave the old lady next to me a heart attack. Then to finish her off Rob pulled her ticket for a 70lb bucket of salt.

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
I spent half of what I had on just the raffles. Yet won nothing!

I tried to go see the Aquarium. However they required us to wait in that insane line outside. I tried to go eat but that was WAY overpriced! So I just talked to people.

On the last drawing, the girl next to me won three times inside 15 min (nano, supplements, frags). All on the $10 she spent on the raffle. AGAIN I won NOTHING! Not even a door prize!

It was VERY frustrating watching other people win 3-7 times each!! Even the male kid behind the raffle counter won, one time. Although I'm sure the other five MULTI-PRIZE winning people dumped incredible amounts of cash into those boxes. It just didn't seem right watching people walk out with dollies full of winnings.

I'd have been far better off spending that money on corals instead. Which is exactly what I'll do next year!

THIS PART WAS AWESOME!! My remaining $50 I spent on coral frags got me some sweet Tricolor Volida Montipora (Encrusting purplish/brown flesh with green polyps and purple tip branches), Danae Monti (Encrusting green flesh with brown polyps), Red with blue mouth flowerpot, Bright green Hydnophora, Lastly some sort of bright red branching Monti/Acro?? with purple growth tips. Not sure what it is, but it's far more bulbous then a standard Acro, and built with polyps most like a birdsnest (flush with the flesh).

So, overall it WAS an awesome event. Next year I'll either dump every dime into one raffle box, or not do the raffle at all. I'd have at least kept my $50 AND had a Saturday, if I hadn't wasted all day waiting around to see money disappear on overstuffed raffles.

The raffle people wouldn't even stir before drawing. How could that be fair when I put my tickets in 7.5 Hours ago?? My 8 tickets for the Radion and the SOL lights were on the bottom of those boxes. Unless they tried to peel a ticket off the bottom of the box I was out of luck!!

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
sucks sucks sucks to lose on the raffles but thats the nature of the game .....last year i put most of my tickets in first and scored big time ...mixing really doesnt mater ...no one there wwas trying to cheat anyone ...lol...still sucks to lose though

t i bought $40 in tickets this year ...then decided that wasnt gonna win nothing considering the odds so i bought another $60 ...lol....kinda almost broke even

as far as the foood and aquarium ....live and learn ...you'll know better next year how to spend your time and $

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
Can't deny that dv3! Like I said it was a great event.

By the end of the day I was beat down and tired. I didn't eat all day, spent more then I should have, and wasted an insane amount of time waiting around for nothing.

The raffle was pretty much a complete waste of time and money. (I need to replace an intake manifold gasket this weekend too). My "WIN" was the great frags, the people I met, and the stuff I learned.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
[video=youtube;IMF6iyPiFRs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IMF6iyPiFRs[/video]

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
coloagro;151048 said:
Anyone interested in my cartoon size MRC CR2 Dual Reactor? No Pump but I have a Mag5...that I think will run it. Gotta check on that. I'm open for equipment trades or $ at this point because I cannot do anything with it. I put 2 tickets in lol....i never win anything. got lucky.
man I put 40 tickets in that to try to win lol. I pm'ed you

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;151132 said:
The dolly thing sounds like Jared and me. I spent a little more than $10 in raffle tickets though, you gotta play the odds buddy.
Yeah we are hated lol, if I won anything else I was gonna give my tickets away btw. And I didn't even stay for the 5pm raffle even though I had tickets. This is the first year I have won anything, I almost didn't buy tickets this year because last year I dropped 80$ and got nothing.

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
deadrock;151150 said:
Yeah we are hated lol, if I won anything else I was gonna give my tickets away btw. And I didn't even stay for the 5pm raffle even though I had tickets. This is the first year I have won anything, I almost didn't buy tickets this year because last year I dropped 80$ and got nothing.
Your NOT helping me have better control next year, AT ALL!!;) LOL How do I stadigize a raffle drawing NEXT year??:confused:

I remember years ago when entering rafflies saying only a$$ that dont need to win always does! Now I'm that a$$ and I still didnt win. I wont say how much I put in the radion box but it was a few tickets plus a few more. And all I won was a brs doser(already have a proflux w/4) and a air water ice gift cert. After all that I still have to buy my third radion when it comes in. LOL. I did pickup a few sweet corals though, Oregon tort and a war paint scoly! Many thanks goes out to the people that put this thing together. I cant imagine the amount of work that goes into this event and it only cost me $10 to enjoy. Thanks Guys!!