Reefuel - Feed Your Reef

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ladies and germs, Reefuel is now available at Elite Reef. Currently they have 16oz bottles of Phytophix for $12. Each 16oz bottle feeds 480 gallons. In the next couple weeks they will also carry 32oz bottles as well as bottles of Zoostew. Make your way to Elite and pick yourself up a bottle or two!

If you would like for a LFS near you to carry the product let me know.

Thanks!

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
one on this side of town would be nice. Like at South Broadway Tropicals or anywhere that doesn't take 30 minutes to drive too lol. I'm off Evans and Federal roughly

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jgonzz;98371 said:
if you come to the meeting bring some with you, maybe a few people would like some, and i would take a few bottles of the little pods, my banggai love them!
Not sure I will be able to make it. Summers are pretty busy for me. I will bring some if I can make it though. I can always ship some to you via USPS priority, should get to you overnight. lmk

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
No but I plan on it. I actually hope to go pitch most the LFS's in the next week or 2. It would also help if you guys go visit your local stores to mention it as well, which should help :)

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rghering;98788 said:
Nice.. Good prices too.. Do you take paypal? and can you ship it to me here in Yuma?
I have bottles of Phytophix ready to go. I don't have zoostew at this time, hopefully in a couple of weeks. I can ship the bottles to you via USPS priority. Unfortunately they wont fit in the small boxes so the medium size priority box will be your best bet. USPS priority shipping is $11 for the medium size box which should arrive to you overnight. I recommend buying at least a couple bottles to offset the cost of shipping. If your still interested let me know how many bottles you want and I can PM you my paypal address. Thanks!

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you get a chance to come down to fort Collins I would love it if you got D&G to get it.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
No word back from D&G - guess they don't want to carry it for you guys in Ft Collins, sorry :(

In other news the zooplankton cultures are taking shape pretty well. If everything goes according to plan it will include Rotifers and many different copepods (around 5 different species). There will be pelagic (free swimming in the water column) and benthic (lives in the rocks and substrate). The pelagic pods will easily feed your corals and inverts while the benthic pods will feed fish like your mandarin. There will also be small to large pods in the mix to feed just about anything! No other zooplankton on the market gives you the live variety in one bottle like Reefuel!

Last but not least I am getting the recipe for the frozen food completed. Here is what I have so far. If there is a ingredient you would like to see in the food let me know. Thanks!

Krill
Squid
Mussel
Cod
Shrimp
Clams
Oysters
Scallops
Cutlefish
Baby Octopus
Spirulina Powder
Ova
Mysis
Cyclop-Eeze
Nori
Golden Pearls
Arctic Pods
Selco
Garlic
Astaxanthin powder

Once the recipe is finalized I am hoping to sell the frozen food for $20 retail for 8oz. Thats $5 cheaper than Rods and 2 more oz.

I will also be donating 4 bottles of phytophix for Elite Reef's event in July and hopefully a couple bottles of Zoostew if they are ready by then.

For the frozen food would you guys prefer a flat pack or tiny cubes the size of jelly beans?

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The Apocyclops are doing well I think. The density doesnt seem to get any thicker but they are still moving around. I added 2 drops of nanno paste a couple days ago so the O marina inside the cyclops bottle could feed and in turn feed the pods. I think it worked ok, just hope I didnt feed the roti's in the culture more than the Marina.

Not sure on how the O Marina culture is doing to be honest. I am up to 3 drops per day of the paste, it gets eaten but slowly. The culture is cloudy but not sure if good or not yet. I ordered phycopure to feed the tisbe and A Tonsa's, should be in tomorrow. I think that will work better than the Marina since I am not sure how well that is culturing...