Ryan's 10gal

G

ive seen those, and unfortunately, all are just a bit too wide. The shelf Im working with is only 11" wide. I havent given up yet...

G

I squirt a little Kent Marine Essential Elements in with the weekly water change (the store bought salt water is pretty weak). I feed live brine for the mandarin and LPS corals. Then Phytoplex and Oyster Feast for the SPS and Sea Apple. Ive been doing that routine for the past year and so far so good. I might venture into making my own salt water eventually, but well see.

G

Mid February update!

Added an Ecoxotic Panorama Pro white/blue on top and it made a world of difference for the color! The tank is no longer purple! Looks like the new cool whites blended with my neutral whites to even things out. Man these pros get hot though! Working on a new fan idea...

Otherwise, the tank is out of control. Everything is growing out and Ive had to frag a bunch of stuff already. After moving a few things around, ive given corals enough room for now. Sold my maxima clam to keep the tank requirements down while im traveling a bunch this spring/ summer.

G

Mid September update!

everything is doing very well. A little too well....just bought a 20L to maybe move into....

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
This tank was what made me want to do a 10. I love my little 10g tank. Only thing is I drilled mine and have about a 15g sump. Great little tanks for sure! love yours!

G

Thanks man, Ill get to see yours at the meeting.

Just got an MP10 from andrew bram to stir things up in the new 20L, but put it in the 10g for a while. This thing is pretty cool, I have it on the eco smart wave nutrient transport mode with the waves. I think the corals are getting used to it.

Also added a second panorama pro for more light.

todays shot:

jbanman14

Cleaner Shrimp
The progression of this thing is sweet, cant believe you grew that giant acan from that tiny little frag. Have never gotten mine to grow even close to that. Good stuff.

G

Thanks guys, got a December update!

got the GSP out of there, added red/ blue blastos, and flames of hell leptastrea. Moved a bunch around.

G

March 2013 update:

had some problems and lost my orange monti and green birdsnest. Ive decided to convert this to a mainly SPS tank, so gone are most of the LPSs.

G

snowy day project! Had this AI SOL blue sitting on my shelf for the past few months and finally got time to cut the bookshelf and make brackets.

now just have to dial the lights in, it looks complicated....

G

ok finally got the lights in order. This is at 20% across the board. Slow acclimation process, I dont want to lose anything. Ill ramp up 5% every week.

tons of new SPS corals. Lots from DenverJon, a few from Gonzo at Reefstock. Swanny and RuRoo have also contributed.