Salinity Salt

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
So Juan talked us into trying Salinity Salt at Elite Reef Fest. I made a batch of salt right after Elite Reef Fest. I however am just getting around to doing a water change with it. I mix my salt in a 44 gallon Rubbermaid can. The salt has been mixed for a few weeks now. Does anyone else experience very cloudy water after doing a water change with Salinity? Just FYI I mix it to 1.025. It is making me very nervous please tell me this is normal with Salinity !!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall:

SteveT

Butterfly Fish
I just switched to Aquavitro Salinity myself cause I have heard lots of good things about it keeping parameters very stable without need for dosing. I also noticed that even after over 24 hours of mixing it was still cloudy. After the water change my tanks were a little cloudy but none of the live stock seemed bothered and it cleared up after about an hour or so.

I also noticed something very strange that someone might be able to shine some light on: When I first mix fresh RO/DI water with Salinity I feel an intense exothermic reaction probably a good 20 degree rise in temperature at the top of the mixing bucket for a few seconds. Anyone know what might cause this? I never experienced that with any other salt mix

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I Have been using it for a few months, I have never had any cloudyness when doing a water change and I premix about a week in advance.
I mix in a 32 gallon rubbermaid, I do get a brown slime\sludge that if I wipe it down it disolves.

I think the heat is from the Mag content that is in the Salinity, it also has a difft smell.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
My tank is clearing up but still pretty cloudy

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have used it for the amount of time its taken to go through three big buckets worth. Love it. The temp swing thing really scared me at first, kinda odd. Never had cloudy though, but then I do mix in a 65g white container and usually let it sit for a week so maybe I have never notocied it. Another oddity is when I add the mix to the rodi water it makes a popping sound too...Odd smells, temps and sounds but my params are great!

katyttt

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I love this salt, it does have an odd smell, it does get extremely hot when RO is first added. It also holds all my levels stable much longer than any other product I have used.
I would have to skip this group buy as I am sitting on a cpl buckets now but am interested in the next one.

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
I'm in need of some salt for sure. If some one kicks one off id love to get some salt from a GB.

jgonzz

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
cool we need ar least 10 buckets to get the cost down

I will call my guy today and see what he says for price.

I will make a new thread, soory chris for the hijack

Last edited by a moderator:

DGPets

Cleaner Shrimp
Salinity and all the AquaVitro line are sold through independent Brick and Mortar LFS' only.

Pretty sure group buys through non LFS's are not allowed.

DGPets

Cleaner Shrimp
Actually, Seachem is very clear that it does matter. It is supposed to be exclusively sold through indie LFS's.
There's a reason it isn't available online.

$1.00 a gallon premixed.
125 gal bucket $69.99
225 gal bucket $99.99

Status
Not open for further replies.