ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
What about him?

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Did the fox face and other rabbit fish get in a fight?

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
+1. Im not sure exactly what you are aksing, can you clarify?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I dont understand what your asking? Is something wrong with the fish?

Im going to go out on a limb and say you my be experiencing a tank crash, your fish do not seem to be doing well at all, one already dead and another that may be on its way out. Im sorry to say, but in all honesty I think you have jumped the gun with stocking your tank and I dont think your tank has fully cycled, thus causing problems with the livestock. This is one of the biggest issues in the saltwater community IMO. You absolutly have to wait for the tank to be ready for live stock, and it takes some time, and then slowly add it, otherwise you blow the bio load.

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;195504 said:
I dont understand what your asking? Is something wrong with the fish?

Im going to go out on a limb and say you my be experiencing a tank crash, your fish do not seem to be doing well at all, one already dead and another that may be on its way out. Im sorry to say, but in all honesty I think you have jumped the gun with stocking your tank and I dont think your tank has fully cycled, thus causing problems with the livestock. This is one of the biggest issues in the saltwater community IMO. You absolutly have to wait for the tank to be ready for live stock, and it takes some time, and then slowly add it, otherwise you blow the bio load.
There's your answer junior :D

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Your going to need to do more than one. I would suggest at least 15% water change today, a 15% water change tomarrow, a 15% water change the next day. Seachem also seels a nice product (cant remember the neame off the top) that will help with speeding up the process of establishing the nessacary bacteria to maintain your bio load, I would highly reccomend grabbing some of this and adding it with your water changes, it will help speed up the cycle.

Do you run a refugium or just a sump?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
lostman;195507 said:
Yea bit of a screw up these two fish were bashful from the start my question is will they get less bashful
Generally yes, however I honestly do not think this has anything to do with bashfulness. All I can reccomend to you is plenty of water changes. Picking up a 10 or 20 gallon tank to set up as a QT would not hurt, if thats not an option, WATER CHANGES!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
What kind of macros do you have in the fuge?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Thats Cheato and Calurpa. Heres my concern, the container your using to house the fuge. PLASTIC?

Plastics tend to leach harmful chemicals into the water, expecially if there is prolonged exposure, and salt helps speed this process up. Im wondering if this plastic tub is leaching stuff into your water, that may be your issue right there.

A while back I was using 20 gallon rubbermaid trash cans for water changes. My tank started to go downhill and I couldnt figure out why. One day while doing a water change I noticed a strange smell coming off one of the containers, wasnt sure what it was so I immedialty stopped my water change, went out and bout 2 drinking water quality tanks to start using. Within 2 weeks my tank was back to normal. Im pretty sure the tubs I was previously using for water changes were the culprit of the issue.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Your definatly going to want to change that ASAP. I believe you said you have a 180gal? I bet you could find a nice 40 gal fuge form someone on here for dirt cheap. I strongly believe this may help fix the issue your having.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Also, do you run the fuge light all day? Or do you run it on the same light schedule as the tank (meaning the fuge and tank are on at the same time) or an opposite light schedule (meaning the lights on the tank are off while the fuge is on and vice versa)?

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What size tank?

I ask due to the fact I have a sump sitting and you are more than welcome to have it but you will need to clean it. But I too think that is your problem.

It is a large sump but I thought I remember you said a 125 for your DT?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Very cool Mike, I really believe this will fix his issues as well.

Lostman, I would get with Mike and take him up on his offer, the problem is only going to get worse and at this point you might just be throwing money down the drain if trying to mintain the tank with water changes.