scared foxface

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Check with Mike. Have him give you the demensions fo his sump and you can see if it will fit under there, but you have to do something, as I said, its only going to get worse.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I dont think you could fit it through the doors.... it is 40 x 16 1/4 x 16. But it might be worth your time to empty your tank and move it in from the back, because i dont think you will get much through those doors anyway (looks kinda tight) but I could be wrong.

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Does your light get hot in the fuge? Might be melting the plastic slowly. What kind of light is it?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
majicmike;195546 said:
So I dont think you could fit it through the doors.... it is 40 x 16 1/4 x 16. But it might be worth your time to empty your tank and move it in from the back, because i dont think you will get much through those doors anyway (looks kinda tight) but I could be wrong.
He could try removing the side panel of the stand and seeing if the new sump would slide in that way. Thats what I had to do when my sump sprung a leak on the 180, I didnt want to drain the tank so I pulled the side panel off the stand and the old one slid right out and the new one went right in.

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;195562 said:
He could try removing the side panel of the stand and seeing if the new sump would slide in that way. Thats what I had to do when my sump sprung a leak on the 180, I didnt want to drain the tank so I pulled the side panel off the stand and the old one slid right out and the new one went right in.
Please be careful when doing this. Last thing you need is your stand collapsing. I would recommend drain a third of the water to ease the weight on the stand. Just a suggestion.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
The side panel shouldnt be load bearing, its there for decoration, its the corner joists behind the side panel that need to stay in tackt, at least thats how it was on my stand.

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh alright. Yeah I've heard horror stories where a guy crawls under his stand to take a 2*4 out and callapsing on him... Ouch.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
reefmaster719;195575 said:
Oh alright. Yeah I've heard horror stories where a guy crawls under his stand to take a 2*4 out and callapsing on him... Ouch.

I cant stress this enough! DO NOT REMOVE 2x4s, only paneling

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I love when another fish comes by him and he flashes his spikes. Also when he's asleep he puts in his Camo suit. Pretty tight.