Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
lol still cut her cable after the dog attack, then went to the hospital

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
chrislorentz;112089 said:
lol still cut her cable after the dog attack, then went to the hospital
i cant count how many times i hooked it back up after being disconnected ...not to difficult if you dont have a modem or cable box..lol...cable companies are evil

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea but you gotta pay to play !

Zooid;112077 said:
And breed nature has nothing to do with weather a dog WILL attack.
Otherwise, all dogs should be outlawed because it's in a dog's nature to protect itself and its territory.

All I'm saying is that a dog that is treated like crap will be far more dangerous
than a dog that is treated with love and respect. If the owner is an a$$hole, the dog will be too.
If we go by your reasoning then how do you explain family pets who are well treated who end up biting somebody because they were protecting their toys or they were surprised while eating? How do you explain dogs, even pits, in rescues who are so fearful of people because of the abuse they suffered that they pee themselves when somebody talks loudly. Going by your reasoning all abused dogs should be viscious and dangerous and anybody who's worked at a rescue or adopted a dog can tell you that it's not all the case.

Just to add, I'm not at all againts breeds like pitbulls. I'm the opposite actually and really into breed history and maintaining breed standards. Pits have their place in the world with people who understand the breed and know how to manage a dog that can easily kill a grown man.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
be careful out there folks the bubonic plague is once again

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's pretty obvious that you've taken my reasoning and twisted it to try and prove your point.
My point still stands: All I'm saying is that a dog that is treated like crap will be far more dangerous
than a dog that is treated with love and respect. If the owner is an a$$hole, the dog will be too.

All dogs are animals and have animal instincts...just like humans do. If you scare an animal or hurt it, ANY animal
and most humans will react.

WrasseAttack;112060 said:
Any animal can turn against it's owner/trainer as we've seen many times.
Yep, nothing quite so terrible as having your anemone turn on you, sting you and slowly chase your hand all over the tank!!! Truly frightening!!!

Who knew killer anemones lurked in our systems!

I'm not trying to turn anything you said Zooid. I agree with you on many points. All I'm saying is that animals are unpredictable and that the majority of people out there don't have any business owning animals that can cause significant harm to themselves and others be it dangerous dog breeds, venomous reptiles, lions, chimps...

As for getting back to fish licenses, again if we can't even monitor dog and cat licensing then I doubt it will ever happen for fish. Now what might happen is industry wide regulation preventing the sale of coral and fish across state lines or something in that vain but I doubt that.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
A dog license is registering a dog with the city. It is licensing the dog. The idea is licensing the owner, not the fish/coral. Having a class/test that ensures you understand the basics of owning a creature that requires an environment for survival. Then you have a form to present when purchasing. I have to present my DL to get a car. I have to present my Diving card to go diving and my dive log depending on what dives I want to do.

That would be an ideal situation for owning any live creature imo including children but who would foot the bill for that? It would also prevent a lot of people from entering an animal husbandry hobby which is probably a good thing but it will also increase the cost of that hobby for those willing to comply.