1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

SteveT's Photo Contest

Discussion in 'Instructions for DBTC' started by SteveT, Jun 30, 2012.

1. 09bumblebee

09bumblebee Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Wow nice pictures!

2. 280g-reefman

280g-reefman Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Lol, thanks. Doubt I could get them again, took a steady hand as I have no tripod.

3. ReeferMatt

ReeferMatt Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

2nd entry [attachment=61895:name]

Attached Files:

4. SteveT

SteveT Prawn

This competition turned out to be fierce! Thank you to everyone who is contributing, I know I really enjoy seeing all the fellow CO reefer pics, and getting to know the tanks behind the faces behind the names behind the screen names!

I loved the points djkms made earlier. Then 280G-reefman confirms it with some pretty sweet shots from a 10 year old camcorder!

I am enjoying all the action so much I think I am going to do this on a monthly basis. I think giving out a few free frags a month is definitely worth getting everyone motivated to take pictures of their tank and learn more about photography. I think I would make it so previous winners would have a 2-3 month grace period before being eligible again, and probably ask them to help me judge while they cant compete. What does everyone think of these ideas? Anything I am missing or forgetting to keep it fair and fun for everyone?

also, I feel left out! With all the pictures I have been snapping with my new lens I felt like I had to share what would be my 2 entries.

Mother colony of cherry charms frag that is on the line!
    [​IMG]
    Miami Hurricane chalice
    [​IMG]

5. cdrewferd

cdrewferd Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Monthly, or even bi-monthly would be sweet. I downloaded the software Kris mentioned so I'll be figuring out how to do post processing. Hopefully I can get another one up before the deadline.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. jahmic

jahmic Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

That sounds like a great idea.

You motivated me to dust off the Nikon after an 8 month hiatus from photography. My computer died and I got all nostalgic and started wanting to be in the darkroom again and scoffed at my dslr for a while, lol.

I think it's a great way to keep a lot of people involved and learning about a hobby that's definitely closely intertwined with aquaria. Thanks for putting this together.

I have to do find somewhere to do my post-processing...but should hopefully have pics up before the deadline. Either way...at least I'm shooting again. :)

7. SAZAMA

SAZAMA Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

8. chrislorentz

chrislorentz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

good stuff

9. Luis970

Luis970 Copepod

10. WatercolorsGuy

WatercolorsGuy Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

[attachment=61902:name]

[attachment=61903:name]

Phone pics

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      67 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      62.3 KB
      Views:
  11. djkms

djkms Shark Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

Entry 2 :)

[​IMG]

12. 303travism

303travism Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

13. WatercolorsGuy

WatercolorsGuy Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

Thanks...
    Some post processing involved.

14. lpsouth1978@msn.com

lpsouth1978@msn.com Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots

Probably my only entry. I am no good at photography! I just got lucky with this shot. One of my favorite pics.
    [​IMG]

15. cdrewferd

Ok, here's my second. I tried a little post processing on this one.

[​IMG]

16. CRW Reef

CRW Reef Orca Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

^^^ dang drew that Goni is sick!!! Who new there was such cool detail. That from your phone?

17. cdrewferd

Thanks Chad. It's actually from my camera. Still contemplating those lenses for my phone.

18. jahmic

Entry #1

[​IMG]

19. BPreefer

BPreefer Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

20. jahmic

Entry #2

[​IMG]