Syn's 75 bowfront tank build

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Thanks! It really starting to come along :)

Got some dirty looks from the wife for buying these yesterday, but well worth it :) Besides Aquatic Art is like liquid crack, cant resist.
Also added an WP-10 in yesterday to help push a bit more flow through the lower and back parts of the tank.

[attachment=66934:name]

Purple/Green BTA and War coral I got from Fritz the other day
[attachment=66932:name]

[attachment=66931:name]

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Tank update! Tank has been running for a year and a half now, so figured it was time for a decent update.
It is really starting to take off now days :) I did make a bit of a change to the sump and removed most of the sand I had down there. It was starting to build up gunk and I didnt have enough down there to keep it clean, so out it came. I also then moved my large rock with pulsing Xenia to the sump, it was irritating to many other coral, so it had to go. Anybody wants a large rock of xenia, let me know, you can have it.

Current FTS
[attachment=67256:name]

[attachment=67257:name]

The 2 freebie mushrooms, one I got from Josh a while back, and it was light brown color but has since turned purple and blue with orange/green tips. The other was a Reefs2Go freebie. It has always had nice orange and green color but it has been in the tank for over a year now and has never grown.
[attachment=67258:name]

Marble Mushrooms and pink zoas on a donut
[attachment=67259:name]

Right side of the tank, mostly a mushroom garden and also the den of my engineer goby. His den literally takes up half my tank and he is always moving the sand around, but he is pretty kewl to watch. Unfortunately if I come the tank with a camera in hand he hides along with my tang.
[attachment=67260:name]

Baby Clam
[attachment=67261:name]

My favorite mushrooms, Gonzo red Riders
[attachment=67262:name]

Cleaning station 1
[attachment=67263:name]

Some acan love, although the one in the back has been rather ****ed off today for some reason.
[attachment=67264:name]

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
The zoa garden
[attachment=67265:name]

These guys showed as hitchhikers on my rock about 9 months after I had it all running. They have since taken off .
[attachment=67266:name]

God of wars
[attachment=67271:name]

King midas zoas crown the zoa garden divided by the red planet acro. Only had the King Midas zoas about a month and half, and they have more then tripled their heads in that time. Cant wait to see these grow out in a big colony.
[attachment=67267:name]

[attachment=67268:name]

[attachment=67269:name]

Last edited by a moderator:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Favia from Gonzo January meeting, finally starting to look better. Took this guy a long time before he would inflate at with the lights on.
[attachment=67272:name]

Very fast growing stunner and the den for my jawfish, who wouldn't let me get a pic of him
[attachment=67273:name]

Brittle starfish sleeping. SHHH!
[attachment=67274:name]

Some Nem love! Added a larger snowflake clown to the tank a while back and it created chaos in the tank, but the one good thing that came of it was that my others clown now host the nems!
[attachment=67278:name]

[attachment=67279:name]

My pincusion that loves to carry the macro plants around on his back.
[attachment=67280:name]

Vance

Angel Fish
Glad to see that blue ricordia I gave ya is doing well. Given out about 40 of em and that's the first one I've seen that's still alive =]

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Vance;322343 said:
Glad to see that blue ricordia I gave ya is doing well. Given out about 40 of em and that's the first one I've seen that's still alive =]
Haha, ya its doing pretty good. Was just getting huge but finally split the first time.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Fitz19d;322308 said:
That my green anemone? Glad to see it's recovered nicely and got those purple tips back.
Ya it has recovered nicely and colored up well. My clowns love it :) Lost the other one though, it was just to far gone, but the bigger has been doing great.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Great trick for getting your clown to host your anemone :) I'm sure eventually she'll enjoy her new snowflake friend too.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ha I wish that were the case but had to remove the snowflake and traded for some corals. The snowflake was bigger then my other clowns and it would have resulted in the death of my black clown eventually so it had to go. Just a lesson learned to make sure any new clowns are juveniles otherwise you will have a war on your hands.

rplank

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Your snowflake is enjoying my GBTA with a juvie friend I obtained captive bred from XJMav months ago. I just put the juvie in last night. They paired up immediately and the snowflake showed the little guy where the nem was. They're so cute!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Nice! glad to hear you found her a friend

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Been a while on an update so here it goes. Haven't added any corals since macna time as this thing is stocked up and things growing like crazy. Having to start thinning out thing to give others room to grow.
Recently switched to only running my skimmer 12 hours out of the day instead of 24, and so far looking good. After I had added new lights to the sump and some new macros I had taken my gfo and carbon reactor offline but after a few days my nems were looking like ****. Did some testing and had a bit of ammonia in the water, So I took the gfo out of the reactor and just running carbon now. Nems improved visibly within a few hours of putting this back online.

Current Numbers: sal 1.025, alk = 7.8, calc = 420, mag= 1390 ph 7.8

FTS @ 2yrs

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Elvis the engineer about 2ft long now

My Favorite hitchhiker. Had the rock in the tank for over a year and then suddenly one days this mushroom appeared.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tank looks great Angel. Are you going to keep it going when you do the big tank, or will you move everything over?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Thanks guys. Havent decided yet what im going to do with it once I build the big tank, might kepp it up but convert it to a nem tank or might break it down and move it all into the new tank once its up. Still need to figure that out as I work on the plan for the big tank. Been designing it in 3d so far and planning out plumbing and stuff. About to a point to start a build thread on it too, maybe in next month or so