34 gallon

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Instructions say 1ml per gallon so I have been doing 34 ml a day

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I can see a difference in the amount of byropsis now. My mag finally went up a little today. Here are the levels (it starts on day 3 cause I wasn't recording on day 1 or 2)
Day 3: 1250 ppm
Day 4: 1250 ppm
Day 5: 1250 ppm
Day 6: 1250 ppm
Day 7: 1250 ppm
Day 8: 1375 ppm

Today I am gonna scrub some more rocks.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sounds like what you Have been doing is starting to work. If memory serves (which there is not a lot of currently) mine took some time to come up too, just keep dosing with what you have been and itll get there. Keep us posted on your progress

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Today mag is 1500

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Woohoo!!!! Hit the magic number
Mag is 1625!

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
My magnesium is 1875 right now. I still have a bit of byropsis left. I have been spraying the rocks except the ones with corals. I am currently going on to my third bottle of Kent marine mag I just need to pick it up.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
the_fish_man;100316 said:
My magnesium is 1875 right now. I still have a bit of byropsis left. I have been spraying the rocks except the ones with corals. I am currently going on to my third bottle of Kent marine mag I just need to pick it up.
time to stop dosing mag ..i haven't read through this whole thread but how often are your water changes? ...and make sure you are blowing all the detrius off the rocks

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;100320 said:
time to stop dosing mag ..i haven't read through this whole thread but how often are your water changes? ...and make sure you are blowing all the detrius off the rocks
Sorry for the late reply. Water changes are once a week about 10% and before every water change I do spray off the rocks with a turkey baster. I am currently only dosing once a week instead of once a day because of how high it is right now.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I truly don't know what to do right now. The algae was going away a few days a go and all was doing great. I was going on a vacation (4 days) and so I topped off the water, fed the fish and corals, changed the filter, washed out the skimmer cup, the usual. Well I came back today. Byropsis and hair algae EVERYWHERE! 4 days a go I had a nice clean tunze pump. Now I can't even see it! Now my hair algae problem was never bad and it still isn't but the byropsis is literally EVERYWHERE. I have been doing water changes weekly and blowing detritus off the rock before the water changes. But now I think I am gonna bump it up to every other day. I don't really feel like spending my ERF money on kent magnesium and salt but i think it is necessary right now. So what do you guys think I should do?

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Test your water change water! I was battling hair algae and getting ammonia in my water change water weekly. Stopped doing water changes and two weeks later it was gone. Wasn't bryopsis though.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would pull any rocks that you can and start scrubbing. And leave the clean rocks in a bucket with tank water, flow and no light. And then manually pull out as much from you tank as possible with the pumps off and gather as much as you can. And cut your light and feeding cycle, then of course water changes. Then of course re-add your clean rock. I did this about a year ago, fighting the same battle. Took forever...

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
spstimie;103318 said:
Test your water change water! I was battling hair algae and getting ammonia in my water change water weekly. Stopped doing water changes and two weeks later it was gone. Wasn't bryopsis though.
I am making water right now so when I am done I I'll test it.
KhensuRa;103332 said:
I would pull any rocks that you can and start scrubbing. And leave the clean rocks in a bucket with tank water, flow and no light. And then manually pull out as much from you tank as possible with the pumps off and gather as much as you can. And cut your light and feeding cycle, then of course water changes. Then of course re-add your clean rock. I did this about a year ago, fighting the same battle. Took forever...
I am taking out all th rocks with it on it and spraying it and scrubbing it and then letting it sit in hot water overnight. I am only feeding onc a week now and corals once a month. As of pulling it I thought that made it grow even faster? If not I will start pulling it.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Let it mix for a couple hours before you test. I think I tested mine after 8 hours of mixing. I used to mix water friday night and change saturday morning.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Okay so I tested basic in my wc water 1 day after mixin it here are the results
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 0
Phosphate 0
Calcium 380
DKH 16
KH 286.4
I think DKH and KH are the same thing but in different wording but jut to be safe I posted to. So DKH and/or KH I hunk are a little high. Also every time I have been doing a water change I just suck the gunk floating in the water. Last water change I put the suction tube on the algae and a lot of gunk came out that my turkey Baxter didn't get out. I am now sucking that out by could this have been a big problem on the growth?

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I am very happy to say i am almost byropsis free. After many many water changes I have got it down to just a bit of byropsis. I plan on dosing kent m to get rid of the rest. But i must thank everyone for there help I will keep you guys updated