What do you do?

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
I'm a project engineer for a consulting engineering firm. Mainly do water and wastewater projects.

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;187238 said:
I run the Clinical Research Dept for a physician here in Denver; which means I do everything...getting new projects organized at our site, training staff, FDA compliance and QA, and seeing patients and doing basic exams and procedures. On any given day I'm usually either stuck behind a desk doing paperwork, or sticking patients with needles. ;)
What are you researching? I'm in a research class right now for my BSN.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's awesome to see the wide range of jobs we all have, yet we can all come together for reef tanks. Awesome.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I spent 15 years as an AWS/CWB Certified code welder, now I am a student studying Radiology (night), a stay at home dad (day)and a part time pizza delivery driver (weekends)... Oh hows times they change!!

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1, very interesting reading though this. I work for a DOD Agency called Defense Information Systems Agency; within the business branch. We manage the defense capital working fund for our department (a part of our agency) that totals near a billion dollars of our tax money. We operate very much as a business and directly compete with companies like HP, Google, etc - providing IT services to our customers. So for example the Air Force can put their application or system in a commercial data center if they don't like our service or price... Still, 09bumblebee will say "DyM does nothing", since I work for the government... Not like I heard that before.. Hahaha

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Awesome your already putting yourself in the list.

SteveT

Butterfly Fish
Wow, it's crazy the diversity of professions we all have.

I do several things to make my money that I inevitably dump back into my tanks. My main source of income is teaching music, more specifically percussion and drums. I am the percussion instructor at Monarch high school in Louisville and Awest high school in Arvada. At the high schools I mainly deal with marching percussion, I.e. marching band and winter drumline. I also teach private lessons, some rudimental percussion, but mostly drum set. I have built a small recording studio on my parents property (lionsgate event center) which I use for my own recording/private lesson purposes, but also rent out for budget recording projects. This side business hasn't taken off much yet, since I haven't advertised at all. On top of all that, I am a semi-pro photographer and will take the random photography gig if and when it pops up, mostly back up shooter gigs for weddings.

HoosierDaddy

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am a Project Manager at Barton Supply here in Aurora. We supply steel in commercial buildings throughout CO and WY and few other surrounding states.. On my end I run about 150 or so projects a year.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
double post

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
09bumblebee;187229 said:
You work for northrop grummen or lockheed martin dont you?
I used to work for Lockheed. Just got a new job and am loving it.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok so quick recap,
09bumblebee plays with big squirt guns
Chad thinks he's in kindergarden and draws and colors / zoa hoarder
Drew thinks he's 007
Charlie plays in a big sand box
littlecrabby101 see's dead people / pets dead animals
Jahmic plays DR
Blazinjack plays with tonka trucks
Mswift is the boss (tells people where to go and what to do)
Ghosty plays with phones
Craiger plays in the dirt
deboy69 another playground bully
bruby rips people off buying cars
jpc763 plays with tape
adoucette whats there to say about BINGO
reefchief wears rollerblade gear
ailachami wants a geek squad VW bug
aztecdreams sits in a cubicle
watercolorsguy looks at pictures of cute girls all day
Brent steals candy and pop from vending machines
Wicked huffs paint all day
SWquest grug addict
hurrafreak (genious) made his hobby his job
rockys_pride lays pipe
hoosier daddy plays with cold long sticks
steveT ****es off the neighbors
DyM another government worker (not hard at work)
reefermatt solves those late night cravings
Projectx also wants a geek squad VW
amonchak lays really big pipe

NOTE: Please do not take this serious it's just a joke I'm not picking on anyone. We all take pride in what we do.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Rotflol

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Wait, WHAT? I wear roller blade gear! Howd you get that out of my job desicrption Brian? ROTFLMAO!