What do you do?

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;187440 said:
Wait, WHAT? I wear roller blade gear! Howd you get that out of my job desicrption Brian? ROTFLMAO!
I didnt want to say you wear knee pads, thats messed up. So that was a nicer way to put it. Most floor installers wear knee pads you know.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Now thats even better. I do wear knee pads most of the time when setting floor tile. Good call! and still ROTFLMAO.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
LMAO...great summary!

RuRoo;187352 said:
What are you researching? I'm in a research class right now for my BSN.
Well, I work for a urologist and have about 6 or more studies going at any given time...both drug and device studies. We are working on indications ranging from bladder cancer and prostate cancer to more common things like BPH, overactive bladder, and incontinence. Most of the stuff we do is phase III...with a couple phase II and phase IV studies here and there.

Definitely interesting stuff though...we get to work with some really innovative treatments. Not to bore you or anyone with details...but one of the more interesting studies that we are about to start uses autologous cells to treat stress incontinence. We also have another where botox is injected into the bladder wall to treat OAB. My heart rate goes up everytime I have to reconstitute the botox for injection, lol.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm an IT Architect/Consultant. I write, teach and consult for Oracle, Cisco and VMware. I get to travel a bit and am working towards my 2nd million miles on United. Sometimes I forget that the hotel maid doesn't pick up the towels at home. :)

I'm a Unix geek at heart. I can carry on a 15 minute conversation using acronyms as verbs, nouns and adjectives and secretly have a crush on Radia Perlman.

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
New Job as of yesterday! I work for a excavation company moving dirt and driving a water truck to spray the dirt down (dust exterminator) lol.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
reefmaster719;187621 said:
New Job as of yesterday! I work for a excavation company moving dirt and driving a water truck to spray the dirt down (dust exterminator) lol.
What company?

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
rmougey;187616 said:
I'm an IT Architect/Consultant. I write, teach and consult for Oracle, Cisco and VMware. I get to travel a bit and am working towards my 2nd million miles on United. Sometimes I forget that the hotel maid doesn't pick up the towels at home. :)

I'm a Unix geek at heart. I can carry on a 15 minute conversation using acronyms as verbs, nouns and adjectives and secretly have a crush on Radia Perlman.
You know, at 10,000,000 miles you get to meet the captain...

Sent using Forum Runner

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;187624 said:
You know, at 10,000,000 miles you get to meet the captain...

Sent using Forum Runner
I hear that at 5 million miles they name a middle seat after you in the back of the plane. :)

I am a 3D animator. Primarily, I create 3D animations for nuclear and high-level waste cleanup at various reactor sites around the U.S. and now the world I guess. I used to work in Loveland for S.A.Technology but started my own company last year. There is actually no shortage to the types of digital media I create but most of my networking is done in the DOE and commercial energy companies.
If any of you need to built a custom robotic arm to go into your nuclear reactor and clean it up you should hit us up at www.majormotionmedia.com

cdrewferd;187227 said:
Fun jobs guys. I can't really tell you what I do. :)
Or you'd have to kill us? Secret job.....WOW!

I'm a physical therapist at Craig Hospital.....basically, Bee, I torture people for a living!

Metalsniper

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm just a lowly lab tech processing 1500 oil field water samples a quarter for an oil field service company in Rifle, CO.

Great use of my highly valued chemical engineering degree. As a result I'm in the market for something at home in the Denver area, probably paying double what I'm getting here for half the work if I play my cards right.

SAZAMA;191248 said:
I slang drinks or kiss A$$ for a dollar at a time, as I like to say...
I feel like bartenders should be treated and respected in the same way that a firefighter or preacher is so technically you're the most valuable member of this entire community.

Punjab;191420 said:
I feel like bartenders should be treated and respected in the same way that a firefighter or preacher is so technically you're the most valuable member of this entire community.
Agreed!