• Instant Ocean Reef Crystals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am just about out of Salinity and need to get more, but not sure if I should stick with the Salinity, go to reef crystals or another brand.

What do all of you think?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
ill probably buy salinity the next time i need salt because i dont use much but honestly if i needed alot i would go back to coral life because i always thought it was great salt

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
i dont know ..i got it from denverfishwarehose for a while when they where open and they used to have several palets of it at a time and it was only like $11 for 50g so there might be a local distributor for them?
maybe you can call around to the maintenance companies and see if any of them have it ...otherwise look online

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I switched from salinity to red sea pro. I like it Better I think... Idk if anyone sells it locally. If not I will go back to the salinity. Salinity seems expensive bit the bucket does last s ling time.

Any sponsor sell red sea? Not to derail the topic(sorry if it does)

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
I like Salinity so far. Filled up the new tank with it. And still have 1/2 of one of the two buckets of salt left. It is also nice to have a guarantee of what you are putting in your tank too. But, you do pay for the extra stuff.

rangerbobb

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Remember that a lot of salts make 160 gallons at salinity of 1.021 compared with Salinity making 220 at 1.026. Basically, the other brands don't make as many gallons as they advertise.

SteveT

Butterfly Fish
rangerbobb;124349 said:
Remember that a lot of salts make 160 gallons at salinity of 1.021 compared with Salinity making 220 at 1.026. Basically, the other brands don't make as many gallons as they advertise.
This was the point I was going to make. If you really want an apples to apples comparison you have to figure out the price/gal at 1.026. also you would have to keep track of exactly how much more / less you have to dose elements to keep parameters stable, when using each salt. I like to think in the long run I probably save a little money by using salinity, I haven't actually done the math though...

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;124354 said:
Stick w salinity! Just got my 1200 gallon bucket the other day!:)
where did you get it, i tried to get it from one place but by the time the shipping was figured in it was outragous

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not having to dose for Calc though? That's a little strange. No matter what salt you use, if you have more than a handful of corals, water changes won't replenish what was taken out and you will have to dose.

jgonzz

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
projectx;124377 said:
where did you get it, i tried to get it from one place but by the time the shipping was figured in it was outragous

ON LINE AHHHHHHHH dont let any LFS find out about it lol

its a salt that only stores can sell supposedly. a quick google you can find it online for sale.

I tried to help out my fellow MASC members with a GB, but a few LOCAL fish stores raised a fuss and got my hand slapped.

its all good though, I still use salinity and recommend and theirs not a dang thing that any LFS can do about that!

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
But Gonzo are you not a paid sponsor? Hmmmm Watson I smell a turd....

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;124410 said:
But Gonzo are you not a paid sponsor? Hmmmm Watson I smell a turd....
go wash ur upper lip ....lol

it wasn't the BOD BTW