WTT or I guess for sale so I can go buy some stuff.

ShelbyJK500;107015 said:
Thought you wanted to help people get tanks up and running...wouldn't that be hard for them to have something to trade if they're just getting going?? :p

Wow...within three hours you had that many PM's about the RBTA ahead of me?!? I didn't realize they were that popular!! If only I didn't have that whole "work thing" getting in the way.

LOL>...okay okay, so I'll stop with the saracasm. Just felt burnt, was psyched to get a good sized RBTA for the clowns...no worries though, I'll find another one at some point. There's definitely no RUSH in this hobby. ;)

Some really cool people came by with a couple pieces I know they loved from their young tanks. In return I gave them as many large frags as they wanted from almost anything in my tank. I was looking for people who wanted to give to get.

I thought I was doing something good but this kind of petty, soap opera BS is simply not worth it!

Next time I'll just ignore your post versus publicly apologizing for not being more responsive. Sarcasm and negativity is not excused by some stupid smiley faces and an 'LOL'. Sheesh!

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
mhaith;107054 said:
Some really cool people came by with a couple pieces I know they loved from their young tanks. In return I gave them as many large frags as they wanted from almost anything in my tank. I was looking for people who wanted to give to get. Maybe you should have started your thread as "WTT Only" from the beginning then?!? Problem solved....

I thought I was doing something good but this kind of petty, soap opera BS is simply not worth it! As long as it was in your best interest it seems. I don't have time for drama but will call BS when it happens. Just the standard coming from my line of work.

Next time I'll just ignore your post versus publicly apologizing for not being more responsive. Sarcasm and negativity is not excused by some stupid smiley faces and an 'LOL'. Sheesh!
You were responsive, right up until "go time." You're right though, I bow to your public apology. I was being transparent and honest saying I felt burned by you but moved on with what you consider "stupid smiley" faces. Unfortunately, being blown off because people had something you wanted to trade for, instead of working with someone who is new to the hobby (doesn't have anything to trade yet) who thought you truly were in it to help others along, isn't "excusable" to me by some lame rooftop shouting "public apology" about responsiveness? I tend to let others know where I stand then move on and don't hold grudges. Sorry we've never met and you didn't understand this was where I was coming from and that the "smiley faces" weren't a lame attempt at being even further sarcastic. Unfortunately, 70% of effective communication is lost in typed form.

I WILL apologize myself for maybe being a bit too sarcastic at the beginning. I got burned twice just this week on Craigslist purchases where I arranged logistics and committed to purchase something and when "go time" came around it was "Oh, I have another guy on his way to pick it up." Both times excuses were made about "miscommunication" which wasn't the fact. So I probably had some residual pi$$yness come out and I do apologize for that. Annnnd....moved on.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
mhaith I just fragged my duncan, are you in the market for a nice duncan frag to trade? If so let me know...

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
ShelbyJK500;107142 said:

I WILL apologize myself for maybe being a bit too sarcastic at the beginning. I got burned twice just this week on Craigslist purchases where I arranged logistics and committed to purchase something and when "go time" came around it was "Oh, I have another guy on his way to pick it up." Both times excuses were made about "miscommunication" which wasn't the fact. So I probably had some residual pi$$yness come out and I do apologize for that. Annnnd....moved on.

we are a small elite group of helping fellow reefers not your normal craiglister so for everyone take that in consideration. for example i will go out of my way to help a fellow MASC member out but if your a craigslister i am not so generous

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
dvenson;107766 said:
we are a small elite group of helping fellow reefers not your normal craiglister so for everyone take that in consideration. for example i will go out of my way to help a fellow MASC member out but if your a craigslister i am not so generous
Yup...we're on the same page. Hence an item I listed for sale recently, $50 less than on CL (would've gone even lower too for MASC reefers). There are WAY too many awesome people on here to not go out of your way to lend a hand or offer good deals (if you can). I hope to be an asset in any way possible in the future and have had MANY great experiences with people on here already! I can PM the rest...

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
ShelbyJK500;107813 said:
Yup...we're on the same page. Hence an item I listed for sale recently, $50 less than on CL. There are WAY too many awesome people on here to not go out of your way to lend a hand or offer good deals (if you can). I hope to be an asset in any way possible in the future and have had MANY great experiences with people on here already! I can PM the rest...
+1 I have never met more generous people in my life I was told about this form from buying some stuff off craigslist and there hasn't been a disappointing experience when dealing with people from this form wish I would have found this when I first started out!

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
303travism;107814 said:
+1 I have never met more generous people in my life I was told about this form from buying some stuff off craigslist and there hasn't been a disappointing experience when dealing with people from this form wish I would have found this when I first started out!
Yup...I had an AWESOME experience getting my first tank (the 110 build still in progress)...and quickly found out the seller was a member on here!! Figures... :)