Sneaking back after 3 years 150g cube

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey Everyone!!!

So picked up this 150g cube from a buddy out here in DC for a deal I could not pass up! FREE! So going to build it out and try and make a tank as good as my 120g was back out in Colorado. So far I have been working on the stand and getting it built. I have rebuilt my old rusty RO/DI unit. And just been taking my time getting it set up.

Planned stock is going to again be my usual wrasses and some other random fish I find cool. Coral is going to be mixed reef.

Equipment list so far:
Marineland 150g cube
Trigger Systems Ruby 30 sump
Jebao DCP-8000 Return Pump
2x Jebao Crossflow 150s
Apex
Aquatic Life 36" T5 Hybrid Retro
2x Radion G4 xr30s
Skimz Monster DC Skimmer
2x 150w Ehiem Jager Heaters with Zen Reef Dual Heater magnet mount

So far sitting on about 140# of dry rock and still going to need more
for sand I am doing 60# of Aragonite dry sand and 40# of Carib Sea Fiji Pink live sand

Projects working on building for the tank:
Stand
Hood
Algae Scrubber (Using 2x 50w Hydroponic Floodlights for lighting)
under tank 10g QT tank and Refugium

And some pictures for the process up until this point.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

I am thinking about doing black piping with red fitting for my plumbing. Not sure if I should do Matte or Gloss for the red.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Good to see you back man! Looks like a good start

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Looks good! What are the dimensions on a 150 cube? Didn't you have some other tanks up and running out there? I remember a few different builds from when you first got out there.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks good! What are the dimensions on a 150 cube? Didn't you have some other tanks up and running out there? I remember a few different builds from when you first got out there.
its 36" x 36" x 27". I had some but have since moved around a bunch and now bought a house so figured it was time to get a new tank. But yah I had a 150g (48" x 24" x 30"), a 70g, and a 250g. The 150g I sold the tank, and taded the stand with a 120g tank i had bought for the 250g. The 70g broke in a move. The 250g i had to sell it because I was moving in with a friend for a bit while I saved up the cash for the down payment on the house.

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dang! Welcome back Seth! Glad to see you’re getting back in and life is treating you good. Build looks great, look forward to seeing it come together.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tonight I am going to start laying out the inside of the stand and figure out how to put a QT 10G tank under the main tank and use it also as a large refugium.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
its 36" x 36" x 27". I had some but have since moved around a bunch and now bought a house so figured it was time to get a new tank. But yah I had a 150g (48" x 24" x 30"), a 70g, and a 250g. The 150g I sold the tank, and taded the stand with a 120g tank i had bought for the 250g. The 70g broke in a move. The 250g i had to sell it because I was moving in with a friend for a bit while I saved up the cash for the down payment on the house.
That 150 cube looks pretty cool and I like those dimensions. I thought you had a bunch of tanks.

Welcome back! Can’t wait to see this! I remember when you helped me with my lights, and I got to see all the tanks in Colorado. I’m sure this one will be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hope that new controller will keep you safe. Thanks again!