Amazon Order

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Working with iPhone users I have found that while other devices might be better and could provide the same experience, the users are not satisfied with any other device. It comes down to the ease of use for them. The ability to pickup their device, turn it on, and start reading where they left off, or quickly navigate through the books and download a new one onto the device without much hassle. They also want the device to do what it does and not care if it can't do something else.

Most Kindle users are looking for wireless access to books, ease of download, and ease of reading, just like if they went to the store and purchased a book.

BTW. I read my books on the iPhone, but would love to have an e-ink device. I also want to keep my book expenses down, so downloading from the library sound good too.

rangerbobb

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
othercents;87837 said:
I didn't think Sony upgraded their e-ink screens yet to the latest. The new Kindle has the latest e-ink technology.
I have checked them out and the difference is extremely minimal. Maybe if you want to look at grayscale pictures, but for reading, it doesn't matter. Even the difference from my first one to second one is minimal. The bigger thing is faster page turns. Even that wasn't much of an issue because I got used to the delay and clicked the button a tad bit before I reached the end of the page (~0.5 seconds out). My newer one still has a delay, but not as much of one. It is a limitation of the technology for now.

WrasseAttack;87847 said:
My husband has a Kindle and loves it. They had a presentation at work how to turn a Nook into an almost iPad. I'm trying to convince him to switch over to something else because the clamp on light for the Kindle is crappy. He has a slate also to read on but for some odd reason he loves his Kindle.

Amazon account is so worth it. Books, dvds, video games, gifts, much cheaper than anywhere else especially for stuff like blu rays, Walmart can't touch them. We have Prime so free 2 day shipping on most items. I've bought quite a bit of aquarium stuff on there lately as well. You can buy straight from the manufacturer like Brightwell for example.
I have an iPad as well and have absolutely no interest in reading books on it. I will do everything but that with my iPad. The reader is much smaller and easier to read. The iPad has 10 hours of battery life, but my reader has ~2,000 page turns. Depending on the book length, it can be multiple books. I used to read at work because they had no clue about it. If I read a paper book, I would have been busted in a heartbeat!

rangerbobb;87853 said:
I have an iPad as well and have absolutely no interest in reading books on it. I will do everything but that with my iPad. The reader is much smaller and easier to read. The iPad has 10 hours of battery life, but my reader has ~2,000 page turns. Depending on the book length, it can be multiple books. I used to read at work because they had no clue about it. If I read a paper book, I would have been busted in a heartbeat!
No chance of an iPad entering this house, we've gone complete microsoft. My husband used to love his iPhone as well. We walked into the Windows store, took a look at the Windows phones and dumped the iPhone.

I have my eye on a slate for myself, one of the lower budget ones he's got. I love reading in bed and a lot of what I read is browser based so a Kindle won't cut it and my laptop is so cumbersome.

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
iPad, iPhone, Kindle, Nook, eink . . . either way, THERE'S HOPE!

I am just so glad to hear so many people still read these days.

Hey Juan - Dunno if you've gotten it already but you can always order threw my Amazon account as I have a Prime account that will get you free 2-3 day shipping on practically everything... then she can set up her own when U give it to her lol U know my number dude. ;)